Connect to Hik-Connect greyed out.

Karin H

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm setting ut a bunch of cameras in my chicken house (free range). I have one type of camera outdoors and another type indoors.

The two different models are
DS-2DE3304W-DE
DS-2CD2642FWD-IZS

In the SADP tool I can see two checkboxes on each type of camera, "Enable HDCP" and "Enable Hik-Connect". Though on DS-2DE3304W-DE the checkbox "Enable Hik-Connect" is greyed out. On Hikvisions homepage it says that Hik-Connect is 'supported' for the camera. Am I missing something? the other model is working FLAWLESS. Upgraded SDAP to the latest firmware.

Karin H

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried to do that also but couldn't figure it out. I think it has an option 'Hik-Cloud' or something there. I will upload some screenshots once I'm on the right computer.

How would you describe I could enable Hik-Connect in the web GUI?

Karin H

n3wb
Reaction score
Uploading some screen shots to make it more clear. You can see the differences in Network Advance settings for the cameras, the 2642 compared to the 3304.

Attachments

Karin H

n3wb
Reaction score
Clicked the checkbox 'Activate' on 3304 but it still says Offline (greyed out)

EDIT: Also tried to change the IP-adress for the server on 3304 to 'dev.eu.hik-connect.com' but still no luck. It changes back after saving.

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
The sadp v3.0.0.100 build 20160 doesn’t show hik-connect.
If one is using the cloud it’s using p2p
The other needs it’s ports configuration set up but that’s not the best way
As this would compromise your net work
I have just tried mine it works ok
You are best using a VPN to get to the camera rather than unup ports on auto
There is a thread on VPN
What I have just tried is not safe

Attachments

Karin H

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay so there's no fix to make 3304 use Hik-Connect as easy as the 2642? I want to use the Hik-Connect app for iOS, is it not possible? I'm a little confused.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Okay so there's no fix to make 3304 use Hik-Connect as easy as the 2642? I want to use the Hik-Connect app for iOS, is it not possible? I'm a little confused.
It is easy to do.
It’s not safe when you enable upnp to automatically control port forwarding
As in one of the pictures ports were invalid.
Switching on upnp made the ports valid.
Then when you go to your hik-connect account and manage your devices
You then would tap the add device to your account it will search on line then find the 3304 it will ask for the serial number 9 digits copy and paste that into the box,it will search,then ask you for the verification code
Once it’s showing online you would go to your iPhone log out and log back in the camera would be there in your phone
But this opens up port forwarding and is a security risk.

Karin H

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks marku2 for your help! I will take a look at this when I have the time, and see if I can solve it.