Connecting dahua ip cam to network

slinky

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems like people are doing this effortlessly. I have an ipc-hfw2200s.

I installed ConfigTool and it will recognize my NVR when the NVR is connected to my router on my home network. But ConfigTool will not recognize my cameras no matter how they are plugged in. I tried through the NVR with the NVR connected to the router, then directly to the router with a PoE adapter to power them, then directly to the computer ethernet port with the same power adapter. Nothing pops up when I hit refresh in the ConfigTool.

The NVR assigns some sort of IP address like 10.1.1.XX when viewed from within the NVR.

I hit the "log in" button at the bottom of the config tool (with an empty list) and it reveals 192.168.1.108 and all the password/login fields are filled in. I even retype them but nothing happens, except the message "login failed".

I really thought it would be much more plug and play than this. The cameras work fine with the NVR, on a closed system. I just want network functionality.

What's the secret?

My network is practically untouched. I think its on OpenDNS, but that's the only alteration. Basic gateway: 192.168.1.1

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's alittle confusing what your asking? At first you say config tool does not recognize the camera and than all of a sudden you say that you hit log in and 192.168.1.108 is revealed. You say the password/login fields are filled in. Are you entering admin/admin or something else? You also say at the beginning that you tried through the NVR and nothing pops up, than towards the end, you say the cameras work fin with the NVR on a closed system? Please let us know what the problem is exactly.

1. Can you see the cameras on your NVR?
2. Can you log in to the cameras on your LOCAL network?
3. Can you log in to your NVR remotely from outside your network?
4. Did you port forward in your router?
5. Did you set up a DDNS?
6. Are the cameras the same IP scheme as your local network?
7. Do you have more than one camera plugged in and if yes, are they all set to a static 192.168.1.108?

slinky

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, that was a bit disorganized.

As an independent system, the NVR and cameras work. Where the only connections are power, monitor, and PoE cables to cameras. I can use the included mouse to navigate the NVR menus and view the cameras live or recorded footage just fine.

1) Yes, the cameras and NVR work nicely together, regardless of whether I connect the NVR to my router (network) via ethernet cable.
2) No. No matter what the cameras are plugged into (NVR or computer or router; with power as needed) I cannot log in by typing 192.169.1.108 to a browser. I hope I answered what was asked here.
3) I did not try that. I don't think I am ready to since I cannot even log in from within my own network.
4) I have no idea what that is. I will look into port forwarding and log in to my router and see if I can figure it out.
5) Again, I do not know. I did not set up this network. I know the conceptual difference between Dynamic and Static DNS, but not the practice.
6) My network is on the 192.168.1.1 scheme. (all addresses contain the first 3 sets of numbers, the last '1' is different for each user/device)
7) I did realize they are set static 192.168.1.108 from the factory, so I only plugged one in at a time.

It sounds like I need to do a little reading before I proceed in regards to questions 4 and 5, and maybe 6. I will also edit the first post to be worded more carefully.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
make sure you use internet explorer, try one camera at a time with 192.168.1.108. If you see the log in screen, make sure you are using user admin, password admin, make sure you go into explorer settings and let active X to be downloaded and put the camera in trusted sites. If you really want, I could log into your PC with using team viewer and check your set up.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In internet explorer, click tools (might have click alt to see the tools pulldown menu) compatability view setting and then add the ip address.

You might also need to change some setting for downloading unsigned active-x to prompt.