Continuous trigger every ten minutes or so

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good morning,

I started getting triggers every ten minutes or so in recorded clips yesterday after I selected “continuous/trigger” option in record. I returned the setting to trigger alone. However, like clockworks I’m still getting a trigger every ten minutes.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What does the BI log say?

Are you showing a No signal that is maybe happening for some weird reason every 10 minutes.

is the camera actually triggering that you can confirm by looking at the SD card?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the camera status page is it showing any NO SIGNAL errors?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Those triggers are coming from the camera not BI. You need to check your motion/IVS settings in whatever camera you are using. Maybe even reboot the camera.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those triggers are coming from the camera not BI. You need to check your motion/IVS settings in whatever camera you are using. Maybe even reboot the camera.
If they are, they didn’t show up on local storage (SD card). I uninstalled and reinstalled the camera. I’m no longer receiving triggers/events every 10 minutes.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah according to that screenshot, BI is only set to trigger via ONVIF events from the camera. Strange.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess I spoke too soon. I started getting alerts again. I’ve gotten five so far. Last time I deleted the camera and reinstalled it and it worked fine until an hour ago now BI is sending me blank snapshots/ clips from that are not being triggered by my camera (according to sd card). It’s being sent because “ONVIF Event: Rule Engine/CellMotion Detector/Motion”.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go into the ONVIF triggers page in BI and uncheck that one and see if you still get your real alerts.

What I suspect is that we have seen that BI has been turning on MD/SMD in PTZ cameras so maybe something like that is happening.

Or a temp solution since you only have one cam and not using all the AI stuff is to roll back to prior to 5.7.4.x what ever the latest stable version is prior to 5.7.5 and that will take care of it.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
There is possibly an issue in BI, not sure if it's affecting this, that's causing my system to surge - every few seconds the cpu surges from 4% to as much as 90%. I posted on the AI forums as the appears to be a surge in AI requests, despite there appeaing to be no triggers and they've pointed the finger at BI. So I've now posted over there. However, all this means there could be a bug in BI that's causing wierd things to happen. eg I'm getting licence plate reading requests despite LPR being off and lots of AI requests for static objects and objects that aren't in the picture eg bottle.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will do sir! I didn’t know BI could adjust settings until I saw “general” had been ticked in the record section of my GUI. I haven’t been using any motion in the camera or BI and love how everything is being triggered and recorded using IVS alone. I ordered a IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E from Mr. Andy as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well BI isn't supposed to be able to change settings but we have noticed with PTZs they do for some reason. When it ticked general it is now recording 24/7 so maybe every 10 minutes the camera is trying to overwrite and reboots and that is causing the trigger.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I still think it’s camera related judging from the log event. Does that camera have a live view of the IVS rule and motion boxes when someone walks through the scene? If so, stare at that screen and see if a motion box pops up.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well BI isn't supposed to be able to change settings but we have noticed with PTZs they do for some reason. When it ticked general it is now recording 24/7 so maybe every 10 minutes the camera is trying to overwrite and reboots and that is causing the trigger.
I turned off that specific trigger. This morning my IVS stopped working in both my camera and obviously BI. Restarted the camera and it works fine now. New problem, my cellphone carrier stopped or slowed down delivery of my notifications. I now use pushover lol.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I still think it’s camera related judging from the log event. Does that camera have a live view of the IVS rule and motion boxes when someone walks through the scene? If so, stare at that screen and see if a motion box pops up.
In my case, Yes I have it burning the motion box onto the trigger, so I always know what's triggered it from the clip window.

Motion is turned off in both camera and BI. The only setting active to my knowledge is ONIV using Trip Wires.

Mine is set to record continuous and triggered.