Converter Removal team

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The Catalytic converter removal team showed up today at 5:30 in a black CRV. started sawing on a Tundra only to have the driver catch them coming outta the condo. They sped off. guy called ina plate. but they didn't finish the job and now the vehicle is leaking fluid. great. I've seen a Black CRV 2 other times for criminal activity. During the Summer of Fun, in the height of the Riots, they dropped off a stolen 4-Runner,,,,,,and Once for the US Postal key being used to get outgoing mail. grrrrrr.
Video and Pics
Apologies for the .Mov file. I’m driving to Chicago.

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why does it not surprise us that they did this in daylight OMG lol.

If you ran OpenALPR with the utility tool developed my a member here, you could then pull up in seconds every time this vehicle came through the place and probably get even more images.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please don't be "that guy" that use's a cell phone to share video and captures. via screen capture.
It takes seconds to properly export a video or snap a picture from BI. ;)
Practice makes perfect.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
It might take seconds for you. There is No internet in the BI machine with which to post to you tube. It has to go thru Sneaker net. I have to carry the usb drive home to post screen captures from Windows. Left town today with a request by the Condo to save the crime videos. I shared some quick pics. Its on a usb stick, but no time to upload to youtube. I have to go out to the car and get the USB stick see if i can hijack moms computer to do it right

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Some expensive damage there. Looks nothing but at the least it's a new hydraulic line and fluid + a new exhaust section to the cat, but that assumes they can separate the cat from bit of remaining pipe - it looks pretty rusted where the clips are. Failing that you can add in a new cat as well.

I reckon in the UK you'd probably be looking at around £300-350 without the cat and probably over £1k with a cat replacement. No doubt as it's vandalism, the owner will claim onm insurance, but then faces several years of increased premiums.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Flintstone61 - maybe this is your thief LOL

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
There's a better capture of the driver as well. Flick through it slowly at around 1 seconds and you can get several shots of 3/4 of his face.

He's a skin head with receding hair. She looks mexican.

Hopefully if you capture his picture from the frames I've mentioned, someone in law enforcement may recognise him. I doubt this is his 1st crime.

Here's a couple I pulled but there maybe better frames with access to the original footage.

BTW there's a point where he switches his head from left to right to look at her. I can't access the frame from Media Player which means either it's not cpatured as it fell between frames or it's in the original. That point if in, should give you a straight on look at his face as he makes the transition.

Another good shot of her though in the 1st image.

On his face it looks like there could be a distincive mole in the left centre of his forehead, either that or he as an inury or spot.

This is what i could pull but bear in mind I'm working with 1080p after Youtube has additionally compressed it. You may have more mileage with the original non compressed footage straight to an editor that breaks it down into frames:

CAT 2.jpgCAT 1.jpgCAT 3.jpg