Copy from NVR to cloud storage

Sep 1, 2024
New York
Apologies if this has been asked before, didn't specifically see it when I searched.

I just ordered a couple of cameras and an NVR (NVR16CH-AI 16 Channels) from Andy, and although I have zero experience with security systems until now, I've had a long history with technology. Wondering if there is a way to copy specific files from an NVR to my own cloud storage account, i.e. AWS or Azure, preferably on a schedule. Would prefer zero human interaction to do this. With cameras and NVR on the same site, I'm looking for a way to copy video to the cloud in case the NVR is stolen/damaged (have seen many drive failures in my tech career, especially with HDD).

If anyone has done this, I'd be interested in finding out the specifics.

Thanks in advance --

Reactions: jimnycricket65
i.e. AWS or Azure, preferably on a schedule. Would prefer zero human interaction to do this. With cameras and NVR on the same site, I'm looking for a way to copy video to the cloud in case the NVR is stolen/damaged (have seen many drive failures in my tech career, especially with HDD).

On NVR interface, Storage->FTP menu...
You can define automatic upload of video files at specified schedule using FTP or SFTP protocols to any cloud provider or NAS, which supports those protocols..

On NVR interface, Storage->FTP menu...
You can define automatic upload of video files at specified schedule using FTP or SFTP protocols to any cloud provider or NAS, which supports those protocols..

Thx much for the quick reply --

I'll be connecting cameras to a dedicated POE switch, and running that switch to the NVR. My understanding is that it's a best practice in terms of security to have the cameras/NVR on a separate VLAN.

Curious if getting out from the NVR via FTP will require any special considerations, given the above.

Curious if getting out from the NVR via FTP will require any special considerations, given the above.

The only thing - You are responsible to delete files from Your NAS / cloud when You don't need it..
NVR will not do any space management over FTP / SFTP. It simply uploads new files matching specified schedule / criteria.

The best practice is to put NVR and cams on separate VLAN.
Cams don't need any internet access - you can block them all..
NVR will need to have internet for some functions (time server, P2P access, mobile notifications, ftp backup).
also You will need to have access to NVR from your local network.

Reactions: GrooveMerchant