Correct sequence to enable bridge mode on Dahue NVR to enable use with Unifi Protect?

blue22

n3wb
Sep 29, 2019
California
Current setup is with bridge mode disabled with Dahue NVR5216-16P-4KS2E and 10 Dahue cameras (ie I used the NVR camera auto-configure for the initial setup long ago.). Looking to switch the setup to bridge mode to allow Unifi Protect to see all of the camera’s over ONVIF. I’m thinking the correct sequence would be to first manually configure each camera to the new IP address, gateway and netmask and then configure NVR to bridge mode. (For example, cameras are currently autoconfigured by NVR to be 10.1.1.65 to 10.1.1.74 and I would change them to 192.168.0.65 to 192.168.0.74. (With matching fixed entries in the Unifi DHCP server.) and update the netmask and gateway. The cameras are physically difficult to get to, so really want to avoid needing to reset the cameras because of doing this in the wrong sequence.

Alternatively, if anyone has figured out how to select specific ONVIF feeds through the NVR when using Unifi Protect, then I could avoid doing all of this. Currently Unifi Protect shows camera #1 on the live feed and records only camera #10.

The method you have suggested is exactly how you need to do it.
Change the IP addresses on all of the cameras and then set the nvr switch to bridge mode.
I don't have unifi protect but I have the exact same dahua nvr as you and I have it set in bridge mode just like you are wanting to do and my second NVR can access the cameras as well.

Edit: you will of course also need to re-add the cameras to dahua the nvr once they have the new IP addresses. But that's just a simple edit update the IP address.

Just be aware that adding your cameras via bridge mode will expose them to the internet unless you have got them blocked by other means.