Could BI be corrupted?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Help!

came to check on cameras to see why I couldn’t connect remotely. Found internet down and BI said no signals in all cameras. Unplugged router for a few seconds and then plugged back up. Still no internet. But all but four cameras were working on screen. Found out that half of my POE switch was not working.There was a storm here last night an I was afraid I got zapped in half of POE switch. So I unplugged a few cameras on the working side and swapped the cameras that had no signal to the working side of switch. I started working. So, I figured that I had a half bad POE switch. It was only 4 months old. I had an extra BV POE so I swapped all cameras over to it. Problem now is no signal on any camera. Tried going back to the half working switch and still nothing.Some of my cameras that can are still playing audio I set up in camera, but no BI audio. Could BI be jacked up? I would appreciate any Help. Had 2 trespassers last week. Need cameras up and running. Although I still have no internet. They can’t fix until tomorrow
I would appreciate any help. Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The obvious questions that need to be asked:
  • Did you try rebooting all the devices - camera, POE switches, router, BI computer?
  • Are your cameras and BI computer set to static IP addresses?
  • Can you log into each camera within the camera GUI from a web browser?
  • Have you looked in the BI and Windows Log file for anything?
  • Have you ran DISM and SFC commands on the computer to look for corrupted Windows files that may have got whacked out during a power outage?
  • Do you have an export of the BI registry files that you could blow out BI and reinstall?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Help!

came to check on cameras to see why I couldn’t connect remotely. Found internet down and BI said no signals in all cameras. Unplugged router for a few seconds and then plugged back up. Still no internet. But all but four cameras were working on screen. Found out that half of my POE switch was not working.There was a storm here last night an I was afraid I got zapped in half of POE switch. So I unplugged a few cameras on the working side and swapped the cameras that had no signal to the working side of switch. I started working. So, I figured that I had a half bad POE switch. It was only 4 months old. I had an extra BV POE so I swapped all cameras over to it. Problem now is no signal on any camera. Tried going back to the half working switch and still nothing.Some of my cameras that can are still playing audio I set up in camera, but no BI audio. Could BI be jacked up? I would appreciate any Help. Had 2 trespassers last week. Need cameras up and running. Although I still have no internet. They can’t fix until tomorrow
I would appreciate any help. Thanks
Okay folks, I got it working. Split cameras between POE switches and rebooted router. Still no internet but camera up and running