Covid Playing around...

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyway, I was thinking my old Blue Iris pc is sitting in the garage collecting dust. I have some extra cameras let me see if I can use the PC in my garage as a pass through wirelessly to my new blue Iris machine in the house and have 1 camera setup in the garage. I know not an ideal hop, i'm just messing around.

My old PC had a wireless card and a NIC card installed and I never used the wireless card. My old PC was fixed at .99 IP and so I made the wireless NIC fixed at .98. So connected wirelessly to my network, I can RDP from house "New blue iris" machine to garage "old blue iris" machine just fine.

I plugged a 5 port trendnet switch into the NIC card and plugged my camera into switch as well. The switch has no internet connection as I don't have anything but wireless in the garage. The garage PC sees the camera just fine and I can bring the camera up on a browser and it is a fixed IP. I set the camera up on my "New blue iris" machine and tested it in the house before connecting to garage PC with the same IP.

So I'm wondering why my "new blue iris" in the house can't see the camera in the garage? Did I create a separate network using the switch and need to some how bridge the two (wireless and NIC) together in order to see it on the "New blue iris" machine? How do you configure two networks on the same PC to be shared?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s because you have have 2 separate networks and by default the networks won’t be routed or bridged so they essentially remain separated except when directly logged on to a session on that machine.

I’ve never tried bridging them so no idea what will happen but if you’re experimenting give it a go, you can always reverse the changes.

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That did it! I selected both networks, right click on them, select bridge, BAM can see camera in garage.