IMG_5513.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mask out that area that the flag is in.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
AI isn't perfect and will be problematic with some field of views.

Well personally I would lower the camera as well so that the flag isn't even in the field of view and get more face shots instead of top of head.

Or train your own model with your field of view.

Last edited:

Riclyo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AI isn't perfect and will be problematic with some field of views.

Well personally I would lower the camera as well so that the flag isn't even in the field of view and get more face shots instead of top of head.

Or train your own model with your field of view.
My doorbell is ubiquiti and the cameras are overpriced and not nearly as good of quality but the ai is pretty darn good. No flag issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What camera is this? Does it have built-in AI?

Your doorbell is also lower and recognizes the flag higher and not as superman flying in, whereas this camera the AI cannot tell it is a flag because the camera is higher than the flag so it looks like a person entering the field of view.

Keep in mind CPAI is grassroots being developed by people for free. It won't compare to a company paying staff to create AI detection for their cameras.

CPAI is getting better all the time, but most of us have found camera AI is better at the moment.

Last edited:

Riclyo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What camera is this? Does it have built-in AI?

Keep in mind CPAI is grassroots being developed by people for free. It won't compare to a company paying staff to create AI detection for their cameras.

CPAI is getting better all the time, but most of us have found camera AI is better at the moment.
This camera is the Hik DS-2CD2387G2 so it does have person detection.
Not a super technical guy just know enough to get myself in trouble. My first go around with attempting camera triggers to BI didn’t work so I went to CPAI.

Starting to wonder if a nvr would be better suited using camera ai. Problem is Inhave dahau and hik cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Hiks have a weird method to allow BI to see it - certainly not as easy as Dahua.

Let me see if I can find the thread I used to get BI to recognize my ONVIF triggers from my Hik cameras. You will find that probably better.