Creation of ghost account after unexpected shutdown

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I noticed in the log: Restarted after unexpected shutdown. But when I checked the users settings I noticed a new created account. There was a new user with two chinese signs without password. I directly looked at the logs from my connection with CurrPorts to see if anybody did try (and succeeded) to login. I do log RDP and BlueIris ports incoming IP's. But there was no login between 7 and 10.30 am other than from my own IP from work. So I think that when BI server stalls and is coming up again it created a ghost account. The log from Blue Iris did show a user login (?). See first screenshot.

Logfile Blue Iris.JPG User screen.JPG

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First thing do you have any ports forwarding? P2P, UPNP, etc enabled? If so disable these and start using VPN... Read VPN Primer on this Forum by https://ipcamtalk.com/members/nayr.761/

Also while you are there block your cameras from accessing the Internet.

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is not a security breach error. This also happens when I disable all incoming connections and use VPN. But I don't want to use VPN because I can't use it from my work address. That is why I use tpo monitor al ports to this BI server.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK why cant VPN be used from work? Is it port blocking?

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't configure or install anything. Using clients on a TS

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm with you... But you say it's not a security breach but surely it is, as you have a unauthorized account on your BI server? I have dealt with many BI server and never seen this. Just for peace of mind have you ran any virus / malware sweep on your BI box?

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I did. I also did a clean install at first. So no virus, no malware. No incoming IP's. It looks like a bug in the software after unexpected shutdown of BI.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Guess it's wait and see then. It is only a one man operation. I'd leave it a week then remind.