Custom 5.2.5 firmware Chinese/English

Did it works?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi,

Tested on my chinese DS-2CD2132F-IWS and works Fine!

This is a custom 5.2.5 firmware. i extracted the firmware with Hiktools, Replaced the IEfile.tar.gz with a custom one (login.js is modified).

Please try for yourself, let me know if it helps someone:cool:

Attachments

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sure, we will all be trying now a modified firmware from an unknown source, and with unknown changes.

/sarcasm

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why not start to post a my_cool_new_homemade_feature_filled_firmware.txt? and perhaps some info? And make it open source? ... Would you just download some random firmware and assume no Ill intent?.... and don't answer : "yes"

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I know, I just wanna help!
You may well be a good guy @a.onderwater. However...

If you wanted to help then you would have posted more information about your build; you would have taken some extra time to establish a reputation here at IpCamTalk.com by making some helpful posts. You may well be trying to help, but as it stands right now you look more like a social engineering virus vendor whose goal is get lolz by spreading harm, destruction, pain and suffering to ignorant and ill-informed.

info-smilie.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
(That's a Baghdad Bob smiley BTW: the great spreader of misinformation and exaggerated claims)

Reaction score
Hi folks, here are some more information.
The original build is V5.2.5 build 141201, after install this firmware my camera was in Chinese.
Then i used the procedure of http://www.arden.ie/2014/09/13/how-to-make-hikvision-firmware-v5-2-multilingual/
The camera is now English and Chinese!

And now the part of the custom firmware:
I used Hiktools 05R1 and split the original firmware.
Then simple replace the Iefile.tar.gz with the custom one.
Then Hiktools Join to create the custom firmware, renamed it to digicap.dav and tested it to my own cam.

Believe me, i am happy to share this. I watch this site since 2014, could be poster 100 "Hey i brick my camera please help" or "Help my camera is now Chinese" but i didn't. Look at many forums and youtube to find the answers myself. its a forum so lets help each other!

Grtz. Arjan