Customising layout with sub-groups

Reaction score
Firstly let me say I love Blue Iris and recommend it to all my friends setting up PC-based camera monitoring. Now there is one thing I'd love to be able to do, but I can't at this time, and that's have a standard say 4 wide, 3 high camera display (Which fills my screen really well), but have 2 or 3 of those positions allocated to a couple of cameras, and cycle between them.

Let me explain better - I want all my outdoor cameras to be displayed all the time, so thats the first 9 cameras of 12, but in the last 3 positions I'd like to cycle 2 or 3 cameras in each position - these are things like shed internal cameras (3 of), or rock tumblers (2 of) and then laser/3d printer/resin hot box, which are items I'd like to see, but just "keep an eye on" rather than on the screen all the time. At the moment I have a "Normal" viewing group, but then have to swap between other groups depending on if I am rock tumbling, using the 3d printer, have items in the resin-curing hot box etc etc. Having these small sub groups cycle through a small set of cameras every few seconds would be perfect. Sure I can view ALL cameras, but that's at the expense of the actual size of the cameras I want to view all the time

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe just swap between groups every few seconds. That way, for example, you could be 3 groups. Group1, Group2 and Group3. Each group has the 9 cameras you care about and the other 3 you want to monitor every few seconds. Maybe the switching would be glitchy to the eyes though.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Surely there’s a way, one of the guys versed in BI will chime in.