Customize Display On Dahua Nvr?

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can the display be setup for say 5 cameras to display only?

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you find the NVR you want/have, look at the specs and it shows the different display options it has. See attached picture, the highlighted.
Thank you. I am going to order a new NVR soon. Do any of them have the capabilities I am looking for?

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you want to limit the Dahua NVR's screen to only five cameras then you can create a custom "Split-5" layout. However, two cameras will share a quadrant, so their width will be compressed. See screenshot.

Split-5-Screen1.jpg

- Thomas

Reaction score
If you want to limit the Dahua NVR's screen to only five cameras then you can create a custom "Split-5" layout. However, two cameras will share a quadrant, so their width will be compressed. See screenshot.

View attachment 191594

- Thomas
There is the option to set to Original Ratio under DISPLAY settings. You will end up with black bars above and below the small windows but the aspect ratio will be correct

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is the option to set to Original Ratio under DISPLAY settings. You will end up with black bars above and below the small windows but the aspect ratio will be correct
Thank you, Not what I want to do. I still use Blue Iris for my 5 main cameras that I want to display. Just wish I could also do this with Nvr. Maybe the higher end Nvr`s are capable of this? But I am afraid I will get lost in all the other features.

Reaction score
I guess it depends on the aspect ratio of the cameras and your monitor. When I was looking at it they were all on main stream at 2688x1520 and the NVR is set to 3840x2160 on a 4K tv. If I change them to sub stream there’s bars on the side of the 3 large windows and less black bar on top and bottom of the two small windows. This is a higher end NVR that appears to be capable of displaying 9 4mp cameras on main stream. Displaying 16 and above switches to sub stream