Customizing alerts based on zones

wolfhelper

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris setup running with Codeproject working well. It is doing exactly as I'd expect with everything. I'm now trying to branch into more customized setup for alerts and needing help.

One of my cameras is monitoring an entry where people or cars come in or out. Everything has worked well with recording motions and tagging vehicles or people as they come in or out. I am now trying to customize an alert through pushover to my phone that would tell me specifically when a vehicle comes one direction only. Say from outside a entry to inside. I have set up to zones and can use the option on the "Trigger" tab of settings for "object crosses zones" (Ex: A>B) and it will trigger nicely on that only and alert. Problem with setting it in trigger tab is I only get recordings for for that trigger moving from zone A to B and nothing else. I'd like the recordings and tags in my timeline of everything (vehicles/people/animals...) to be there to go back to if needed but I only want the quick pushover alert on the one direction. Is this possible to do?

If I can customize alerts like this I have other places I want to do this with just people a curtain direction... I basically want to trigger and record for everything (people, vehicles, animals...) in the view, but only want a immediate alert on my phone for specific circumstances. Wondering if that is a option?

Thanks

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You can specify zones in the 'Required objects field' in the Pushover Run a program action.
See this post...

Last edited:

wolfhelper

n3wb
Reaction score
You can specify zones in the 'Required objects field' in the Pushover Run a program action.
See this post...
Thank you very much. This is helpful. I follow how to set this up and it will work for most of the things I'm looking for.

The one thing I'm still wondering. Do you know if I can alert like this based on movement between zones? Example: Person:B>A50 meaning Person at 50% confidence has to move from zone B to zone A for it to alert?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Do you know if I can alert like this based on movement between zones? Example: Person:B>A50 meaning Person at 50% confidence has to move from zone B to zone A for it to alert?
I do not have this information. You will need to email Ken at blueirissupport.
Settings > Get support > Email support

BTW, this feature is documented in the Help PDF, but only in the update notes

1724540102636.png

wolfhelper

n3wb
Reaction score
Or make clone cameras for that customization

This has worked well for what I was looking for thank you. Never seen the clone option before but I was able to make a clone and use the trigger customizations to to get exactly what I wanted with motion moving between zones. Then it's easy to have the alerts from there only getting the triggers I want. The original camera is doing all the main recording of all events but now I can get quick notifications of the specific ones I want.

I did send a email to support to ask about motions between zones and alerts but not sure if I'll ever hear back.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This has worked well for what I was looking for thank you. Never seen the clone option before but I was able to make a clone and use the trigger customizations to to get exactly what I wanted with motion moving between zones. Then it's easy to have the alerts from there only getting the triggers I want. The original camera is doing all the main recording of all events but now I can get quick notifications of the specific ones I want.

I did send a email to support to ask about motions between zones and alerts but not sure if I'll ever hear back.
Unless you send support an email, by the method described in the help file, you won't get a response.