Dahua 25x 400ft pier, ubiquity APs wireless!

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That looks like a standard POE (af) switch. I thought that camera required POE + (at)?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what's powering the system? battery and inverter in that tub? if so, what keeps the battery charged?

dalepa

Reaction score
what's powering the system? battery and inverter in that tub? if so, what keeps the battery charged?
I have power at the end of the pier. The tub is my live fish/bait well that uses a sub pump to circulate water from the bay for bait and keep fish in

Reaction score
Does the Ubiquiti AC mesh serve as a receiver for a WIFI signal here and then send it to the switch for use by the camera? Did that require specific settings in the Unifi platform, or could someone set it up the same way they would set up an access point? It seems like this is a reverse access point.

Machkin

n3wb
Reaction score
How do you think the Camera and the Ubiquiti going to fair in the saltwater atmosphere? Any fresh water out there for a washdown system?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the Ubiquiti AC mesh serve as a receiver for a WIFI signal here and then send it to the switch for use by the camera? Did that require specific settings in the Unifi platform, or could someone set it up the same way they would set up an access point? It seems like this is a reverse access point.
From the product page:
”A secondary Ethernet port can be used for bridging.”