dahua 4832 16 4k loosing motion detection record config after reboot

kimou

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a dahua NVR 4832 16P 4k wich have two abnormal comportment :
  • After every reboot , the system stop motion detection recording so we must reconfigure it
  • the system reboot although auto reboot is disabled
what is the solution ? , firmware update ? , which version?
thanks

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Where did you buy it, any support from the seller? What kind of cameras and how many do you have. How often is this happening? has the system been running for some time or is this like this out of the box. First thing you might want to do is backup your configuration to a thumb drive so you do not have to re set all your settings every time this happens. Do you have active log file running so you can see what and whom is accessing your system. Is this a business or home system? Any chance of somebody remoting in and rebooting it for fun just to make life happy for you. Hopefully you have it locked down with all user names and passwords secure. If this system is open to the internet you might better make sure its locked down. I guess I just gave you a few things to look at.
As far as a solution, a little more info would be good. Their is firmware updates out there but unsure about this model according to the Dahua wiki page.
I believe the latest build 3.210 released in 6-17-15 according to Nellys security website.
Dahua DH-NVR4832-16P-4K 32 Channel 4k POE NVR for IP Cameras - Nelly's Security
I have had quirky issues with these 4k NVR's but not rebooting and lost settings.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@kimou, Ive had this issue before and it was resolved after I restored the device to defaults through the WebUI and reconfigured it.. I think I may just have reset the event and storage settings to default leaving the rest.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no, never had that problem.. just stop detecting motion after a reboot; a reconfig seemed to fix it until the next time.. finally I reset it to default and its been fine since.

kimou

n3wb
Reaction score
the seller have fixed that today , he have installed a previous version of the firmware