Dahua 4G camera list?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am trying to locate all the 4G capable cameras available from Dahua but not having very much luck using there website search tool. Anyone know what they would be listed under?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try ==>> THIS.
Search term was "4G", so it's not perfect, as "2.4Ghz shows up, as does 64GB SD card, etc. just ignore them.
Thanks Tony, that worked better than the results I was getting :lmao:

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tony, do you know what carriers would work best with the Dahua cameras in the US? It says supports LTE/WCDMA/GSM I'm pretty sure Verizon wont work. I am thinking ATT, or t-mobile?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tony, do you know what carriers would work best with the Dahua cameras in the US? It says supports LTE/WCDMA/GSM I'm pretty sure Verizon wont work. I am thinking ATT, or t-mobile?
If it states "WCDMA" or "CDMA" which is Verizon and Sprint and "GSM" is AT&T and T-Mobile so IMO it sounds like the Dahua cams will work with either, but there's lots of changes in the mill. Here's an excerpt from a recent PC Mag article ==>> Which Carriers Are CDMA? Which Are GSM?

"....In the US, Verizon, US Cellular, and the old Sprint network (now owned by T-Mobile) use CDMA. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM..... Most of the rest of the world uses GSM"

Last edited:

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks again, I'll give that a read through.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Jeez, they sure do make this confusing. Youd think if they support LTE then they would be compatible but..

"LTE, or Long Term Evolution, is the globally accepted 4G wireless standard. All of the US carriers use it. For more, see 3G vs. 4G: What's the Difference?

And all of the carriers use the same 5G standard. (For more on that, see our explainer on 5G.) So you'd think, hey, that should make everyone compatible, right? Wrong.

To be compatible, you need three things:

• To be using the same technology, like speaking the same language
  • To support the same frequency bands—being able to tune to the right channel
  • To be allowed on the network"

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And of course, you could be limited by whom has the best signal (or any signal) in the area of install.
You are so right.
And the lake visitors I mentioned in another thread? We see the Verizon folks up at the top of another hill, up from the lake where they can get a signal, parked in the cars talking on their cells; around here AT&T happens to be "king of the hill" signal-wise for about a 5 mile radius.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd probably not use any cameras than have built-in LTE modems. You are really limiting the cameras you can choose. Instead, I'd purchase a LTE capable router. Then you can pick whatever cameras you need.
This is what I was originally going to do but I feel like with less hardware I am limiting the amount of failure points. The installation and maintenance on this system will require a bucket truck which I'd have to rent each time something goes wrong.