Dahua 4MP w/IR Cannon Before.. After

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
@riceandbeans Awesome. Covert isn't exactly that with a red "laser" beam visible at night.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
good luck, there's no way the 940nm would work for me at my distances for ANPR.. but if your not going very far I suppose this should provide the power required for invisible.

I guess it depends on how in your face they are and your environment, mine are pretty far away from any foot traffic and just kinda blend in.. with cars parked all up and down the street seeing a static and distant red object lit up does not catch your attention, reflectors are all over the place along with blinking car alarm indicators, pest deterrents, etc.. red light at night dont screw with our vision so we ignore it.. its far from a laser beam, the opposite due to the optics and the wavelength it always looks like its out of focus if you do look into it.

that is until your consciously looking for it, so if you want to hide it from a criminal then I can see the desire.. otherwise I say go with 850 because the more light the better and when a white light security lamp of the same brightness is much more likely to piss off your neighbors the red glow definitely will not.