Dahua 5541 illumination issues

winderic

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, just bought the camera from Andy and having issue trying to get the illumination turn on when detect motion.

Followed below video still can't get it to work. Is there any missing steps still in the video?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

winderic

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, just bought the camera from Andy and having issue trying to get the illumination turn on when detect motion.

Followed below video still can't get it to work. Is there any missing steps still in the video?

Thanks.

Oops. Wrong link should be below. Can't find edit button.

winderic

n3wb
Reaction score
Be sure you are using IE when attempting setup.
Hi, tried IE still no luck. :(
I still haven install and just doing testing by waving in front of the camera. Unless that's the problem? Need some distance or something?

I tried under IVS both rule type intrusion and tripwire.

Thanks.

Edit- just to be clear. Do I actually need NVR for this to work?? Or by setting camera itself will be alright?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It will work without an NVR. Just the settings in the camera is fine.

Suggest in live view that you turn the "rules" button on so that you can see your tripwire in live view. Then send someone outside and walk around and see why it is or isn't identifying them.

Waving a hand in front of the camera probably won't cut it - the camera needs time to recognize and identify the item before deciding if it is a triggered event.

Jahua95

n3wb
Reaction score
Remember that in tripwire you must cross the line to activate. Depending on the angle of the camera if there is not enough room to cross the line it may not activate.
You can try intrusion with enter/exit and appear.