Dahua 5MP TiOC turret ambient light

ashnathan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have had my system installed for a few weeks now and am really happy with it. I have a the newest TiOC turret/dome cam installed at my front door and have a question regarding the LED light that allows for colour night vision in pitch black. There's no real ambient lighting in my street so I am reliant on this light however, after the first few nights I have disabled it as the camera felt really hot to touch when the light was constantly on. My question is, is there a way to dim the light to certain percentages, or is it only solidly on or off? I think the Hikvision ColorVu's can be dimmed but unsure about the Dahua. Any help is much appreciated, I may switch this out for the standard 6MP cam as I have spares if there is no way around the solid LED light.

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you dialed the settings in to your location or are you running auto settings? Just because it is full color doesn't mean it can operate without light. The image may look bright, but motion will be a blur.

I would not worry about it being hot to the touch.

I have the 4MP version and it has a brightness setting:

1614978556918.png

ashnathan

n3wb
Reaction score
That's the setting I have been trying to look for! I will have to do more digging to find that, I was just in the Dahua NVR settings then the individual cam settings but could not for the life of me find that slider. Thanks!