Dahua 6MP cameras stuttering

GDLDATA

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this may have been covered previously but results I've seen don't seem to cover my installation scenario.

I have installed 7 x 6MP Dahua Turrets onto a 4108-8P4KS2 system at a client's home. When I left the system worked perfectly. The 7 cameras plug DIRECTLY into the POE ports of the NVR.

This client (who is a chronic tinkerer) claims all images freeze every so often for up to 2 seconds sometimes. Now....I've seen this on NVRs that are connected to the LAN and all cams run through a POE switch but never on cameras that are directly connected to the NVR.

The first thing I did was have her take the system off the network (i.e. unplug her NVR from her router) to see if it was network related or NVR related.

She claims that there is no change and the monitor that is connected to the NVR still shows images stuttering.

I'm at a loss as to why these are doing it, the system is capable of handling 8 x 8MP cameras at full res. I've tried dropping frame rates, dropping resolution but nothing is working.

Data cable is all fine and installed perfectly.

I suspecting an issue with the NVR (I would try firmware but it was working for weeks with no issue on the same firmware).

The last time I got her to unplug the network she also unplugged the power to the unit and upon re-powering up it now shows with purple tinge to the monitor. I'm just shaking my head here as I have no idea if she's buggered something up or whether or not the NVR is just stuffed.

GDLDATA

n3wb
Reaction score
Follow up to this. I bit the bullet and upgraded the F/W on the NVR not expecting much but low and behold it fixed the issues. I cant explain why it worked flawlessly for weeks before but eh! there ya go