Dahua AI Series Thread

garmcqui

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New member here (limited experience), I've found this camera IPC-T3241T-ZAS on the Empire Tech store and it appears to be an AI Series.

I've searched around for any reviews with no luck, it appears to have a varifocal lens and good low light specs (0.002 Lux@F1.5 )? can anyone provide some feedback on the specs?
I wonder if this cam is basically an AI version of the IPC-T2231T-ZS? It is about $15 more.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This will be interesting to watch, looks like it will be having the same exact sensor as the 2231 and popular 5231 models, but with the addition of AI :)

This is a new model, will do the reiview in Jan. We tested it, nightvision is good.

Tolotos

n3wb
Reaction score
In contrast to the 5231, the 3241 cannot do face recognition according to the specs. What is the advantage of the "AI"?

NOAMattD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In contrast to the 5231, the 3241 cannot do face recognition according to the specs. What is the advantage of the "AI"?
It's a change to the Smart Plan / IVS settings. Rather than having to choose between IVS and Face Recognition, you can now incorporate human & car filtering directly into your basic motion detection settings and/or your IVS rules. It's working really well for me thus far; my one Dahua AI cam has cut out nearly all false events. I record 24/7 and only use motion as a general guide to look for stuff that happened but my timeline is a lot cleaner now.

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Am I reading this right, to use face detection you have to put a sd card in the camera? I really don't want to pull the camera down....