Dahua Bullet Outdoor IPC-HFW2431T-ZS-S2 Night settings

doxepin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need some help to find the best settings for night mode.
All static objects and those moving very slow look very good in night mode, but I can't distinguish people faces very well.
I tried all possible settings I could think of, but no luck.
I have another camera in another building and it looks better, but it's closer to the ground.

You can find my camera model and screenshots below.
I woudl appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

Attachments

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Two things ... one, if you haven't already seen this post, it has a lot of great info useful for tuning:

Common issues with camera image | IP Cam Talk

If you increase the shutter speed, it should help reduce some of the blur you're seeing on the face of folks when they're walking at night like that. The downside to increasing the shutter speed is that the scene becomes darker.

The other thing is that when you have a wide scene like that, unless folks are closer to the camera, it can be pretty hard to get the recommended 100+ PPF (pixels per foot) for ID'ing people. You can use the IPVM Camera Calculator V3 tool to type in the address of your property, drop a camera on it, set the camera make/model, drop a person and then see what the the PPF value is as you move a the person around the property.

doxepin

n3wb
Reaction score
Two things ... one, if you haven't already seen this post, it has a lot of great info useful for tuning:

Common issues with camera image | IP Cam Talk

If you increase the shutter speed, it should help reduce some of the blur you're seeing on the face of folks when they're walking at night like that. The downside to increasing the shutter speed is that the scene becomes darker.

The other thing is that when you have a wide scene like that, unless folks are closer to the camera, it can be pretty hard to get the recommended 100+ PPF (pixels per foot) for ID'ing people. You can use the IPVM Camera Calculator V3 tool to type in the address of your property, drop a camera on it, set the camera make/model, drop a person and then see what the the PPF value is as you move a the person around the property.
Thanks. I'll try that.