Dahua Cam Audio Shootout!

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks for this thread

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread. Sheesh, I hadn't even considered audio on my Dahuas, and just enabled that feature. I guess I had thought the audio setting was meant for external mics only.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was not looking for audio at all when I bought the cams.
But when I got it, the audio was my biggest surprise: I always get to hear perfect. way better than when I'm standing outside next to the cams.
I hear the steps of the people walking 50ft away, I hear the bicycles against the road, when people are walking in the street, I can hear the other person they are talking to on the phone and when my neighbors are outside, I can hear their conversations (unfortunately) from 65ft away. I had it like that for few month now (maybe that feature was disabled for the US models but I had it from day 1). never changed the default settings.
The cams at the backyard sometimes suffer from the wind but the front cams do not miss a mouse at the end of the street.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
After enabling audio on my cams yesterday, I see that the oldest, the PTZ cam (SD49225T-HN) plays no audio either live or in the alerts. Any suggestions?

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I am so far unable to get these bullet cameras with motorized varifocal lenses to stream audio:

HFW5231EZ5
HFW5241E-Z12E

They also have no built-in mics I guess?

GFM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My order came in and I have two microphones now, no real name on them, box says "USA Sales Group Microphone for CCTV security camera", model 008. Connected power and mic to muc plug coming out of camera and I now have audio. Works really well, very sensitive. Just heard a flock of geese go over but I couldn't find them when I went out to look.

Could certainly see where this could be trouble in a populated area! Here it's just the birds, squirrel, cats, and traffic on the highway a half mile away... usually.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
My order came in and I have two microphones now, no real name on them, box says "USA Sales Group Microphone for CCTV security camera", model 008. Connected power and mic to muc plug coming out of camera and I now have audio. Works really well, very sensitive. Just heard a flock of geese go over but I couldn't find them when I went out to look.

Could certainly see where this could be trouble in a populated area! Here it's just the birds, squirrel, cats, and traffic on the highway a half mile away... usually.
Wondering where you had ordered from.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Here's the one I had ordered earlier this month. Still awaiting on the PoE splitter to get it actually installed. Seems Amazon partners are slow on deliveries of obscure electrical parts these days.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rajuabju

n3wb
Reaction score
What a great thread that has been resurrected.

I had always left my Audio settings as the default on my Dahua cams, but looking into this thread now, AAC encoding is available on all my Dahua cams (mix of Domes, Turret & Bullets), which is a superior codec to G711. I also turned off noise filter and increasing the sampling frequency... I've done it 10 of my cams and left the others as-is to test... the improvement in audio quality is MASSIVE!!! Going to finish changing the rest soon.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I thought this might be the best spot to add my audio info here. I have the Dahua DH-SD49225T-HN camera. I added the and I never could get the sound right. It was way to sensitive and picked up sounds blocks away better than sounds a few feet away. The mic was mounted a foot from the camera 20' off the ground. I have my camera aimed on my nesting Great horned owls that have two owlets. It picked up the train sound (not whistle) that is just under two miles away. I tried enabling the noise filter in UI and that made alien sounds. I even tried a 2" piece of foam to help block the wind. I finally gave up and bought this mic listed below. Currently I have the noise filter disabled and the Mic volume set to 8 in UI. I ran 65' of cable through the attic to have this mic right above my garage door. It was too sensitive to have mounted outside the soffit and even with a 2" piece of foam the wind was horrid.. So I ended up laying it in the attic on top of a soffit vent. The wind hasn't been a problem. Although I might need to caulk around the vent if wind starts to whistle. But yesterday I could hear the baby owlets in the barrel. It is about 20' from the mic. The mic I am using now is 11.99 Amazon. You can check out my live cam here- Okie BirdCam - Great Horned Owl or my youtube videos are here Only my last video has the new mic that I installed Monday. I think I moved the mic above the vent on Tuesday. Thank you for all your help with my camera issues. And BTW my camera is still rebooting at least 5 times a day. And the times are almost the same every day. Take care and stay safe! Terri
Vanxse Mini Microphone High Sensitive Pickup Audio Mic Waterproof Metal Case for CCTV Security Camera DVR System
by Vanxsemall
Learn more:

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I thought this might be the best spot to add my audio info here. I have the Dahua DH-SD49225T-HN camera. I added the and I never could get the sound right. It was way to sensitive and picked up sounds blocks away better than sounds a few feet away. The mic was mounted a foot from the camera 20' off the ground. I have my camera aimed on my nesting Great horned owls that have two owlets. It picked up the train sound (not whistle) that is just under two miles away. I tried enabling the noise filter in UI and that made alien sounds. I even tried a 2" piece of foam to help block the wind. I finally gave up and bought this mic listed below. Currently I have the noise filter disabled and the Mic volume set to 8 in UI. I ran 65' of cable through the attic to have this mic right above my garage door. It was too sensitive to have mounted outside the soffit and even with a 2" piece of foam the wind was horrid.. So I ended up laying it in the attic on top of a soffit vent. The wind hasn't been a problem. Although I might need to caulk around the vent if wind starts to whistle. But yesterday I could hear the baby owlets in the barrel. It is about 20' from the mic. The mic I am using now is 11.99 Amazon. You can check out my live cam here- Okie BirdCam - Great Horned Owl or my youtube videos are here Only my last video has the new mic that I installed Monday. I think I moved the mic above the vent on Tuesday. Thank you for all your help with my camera issues. And BTW my camera is still rebooting at least 5 times a day. And the times are almost the same every day. Take care and stay safe! Terri
Vanxse Mini Microphone High Sensitive Pickup Audio Mic Waterproof Metal Case for CCTV Security Camera DVR System
by Vanxsemall
Learn more:
During the day you might only hear neighbors cutting trees or grinding stumps. I can still hear some street noise from the main road two blocks away. But after 7 PM the babies get restless and move around more.