dahua cam motion detection

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
can dahua camera trigger motion detection electric impulse (or something other kind of event) to turn on the lights?

I was having a plan of buying lamps with motion detectors but they are ugly, so wondering if at the same / nearest place the camera is mounted, why not to use its feature to start lights. And the lamps I will use will be of any kind.

Yes I know I can buy separate motion detectors and integrate with lightning system, but it will be too much - camera + motion detector + lamp in the almost the same mounting area.

Anyone tried that ?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sure you can do that, with the proper relay and wiring.
But, keep in mind that motions lights coming on...could....cause you to miss an important event because the camera has to adjust to the increase in lighting. that can take a few seconds.

If you don't setup the motion in the cams correctly, your lights will be flashing on and off all the time.
Instead.
Purchase a good camera, and if you need it, add additional IR illumination.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Engee,
Welcome to the forum.

When the cam sees an MD event, it can generate an "Alarm Event". Some cams have "Alarm Out" signal. Or use the "Alarm Out" on the NVR (if you're using one). The cam's alarm even is carried on the ip cable to the NVR - no extra conductors needed.

If you use the NVR "Alarm Out" to turn on auxiliary illumination, then you get flexibility:
- multiple cams could turn on the same auxiliary light.
- The event duration is programmable (the light "on time")
- You could use IVS rules,

MD for outdoors generally sucks.... IVS is better. PIR is better yet. PIR + Radar is best (eg: https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-BDL2-WP12G-TriTech-Motion-Detector/dp/B0056Z3W6I ).

Good luck

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.