Dahua camera video that "rubber bands" a trigger across the screen

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hope the subject line enticed you to investigate the post further :)
I have two Dahua camera on each corner of my home, in the front, facing the street.
My 'west' Dahua is a Dahua 42212TNI and my North Dahua is a SD49225T-HN
They are both positioned to crisscross each other's that to see my front yard and the street.
So if a car comes down the street both cameras should trigger since their trigger parameters are almost identical.
Here is my issue.
My Dahua 42212TNI camera occasionally doesn't trigger (about 10% of the time) when a car drives by, the other one always does.
I've noticed a definite pattern, only by chance when I happen to have a BI console open to see it live (since it doesn't record).
The car starts out in the frame but zips across the screen VERY fast, like a rubber band rebound; thus no trigger. Like the initial frame gets stuck, then flies through quickly.
Both camera's video and image settings are extremely similar (ie: 15fps, etc.) since the cameras firmware and specs are close, I just make the settings almost identical.
I've tried adjusting the BI trigger on the camera for more/less sensitivity and a few other things but would appreciate it if someone can think of something else I can try.
Also, I do have SD cards in both cameras and when I look at the camera's trigger capture video it always shows recording on the camera SD card, so I'm more or less certain the issue is with BI.
Lastly, my BI is tweaked fairly well for my I7 desktop, it normally has around 28-30% CPU usage at any time, including the times I've witnessed it doing this.