Dahua Connection Issue

ViperHU

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Scratching my head here.
  • Started out with a Dahua NVR and all cameras issued an IP/accessible via browser/NVR
  • Moved to Blue Iris set-up
  • Unable to see my cams in EdgeRouter; they're not on a typical 192.168.X
  • Used Dahua Config Tool to find my cams, they're all there and issued 10.x.x.x
  • Despite seeing them in the tool, I cannot access them via web (neither through the icon nor direct URL entry)
Realize without this I can't move forward with BI. I'm sure I'm missing something simple here.

Thanks!

EDIT: returned the NVR and the cams are all connected to a TP-LINK PoE switch (which is connected to my EdgeRouter X)

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The NVR would have assigned the cameras to the 10.x.x.x ip address, so if you do not have a device or VLAN on that IP address range, you won't be able to get to them.

If you are tech savvy, change a computer IP address to something on the 10.x.x.x IP range and plug the computer into the POE switch the cams are on and then you can log into each camera gui and manually change the IP address to something on your network range.

Or factory reset the cams to get them back to the 192.168.1.108 IP address.

ViperHU

n3wb
Reaction score
The NVR would have assigned the cameras to the 10.x.x.x ip address, so if you do not have a device or VLAN on that IP address range, you won't be able to get to them.

If you are tech savvy, change a computer IP address to something on the 10.x.x.x IP range and plug the computer into the POE switch the cams are on and then you can log into each camera gui and manually change the IP address to something on your network range.

Or factory reset the cams to get them back to the 192.168.1.108 IP address.
Thank you! I'm tech savvy, I'll go that route with a laptop if factory resetting means removing each cam and manually resetting it (that would be a huge PITA).