Dahua DB-11 doorbell camera questions

K46tank

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a couple questions for those of you that have had the DB-11 up and running for a while. I bought one from Andy at EmpireTech (Thanks Andy! Two day delivery from Hong Kong to Little Rock is awesome) to take the place of a VERY buggy LAView doorbell camera. I got the DB-11 installed and running and it is a huge improvement over the previous camera. It is very stable and doesn't drop off the WiFi and/or reboot constantly. I do have the multiple mechanical bell chimes when the doorbell button is pressed just as I assume everyone else has. When paired with a mechanical chime I can hear a relay in the doorbell clicking closed and open numerous times when the doorbell button is pressed which corresponds with the multiple "ding-dongs". If I change the setting to pair with an electric chime, when the doorbell button is pressed the relay can be heard clicking closed a single time then opening after several seconds which, while it prevents the multiple chimes it holds the mechanical chimes closed the entire time which would quickly burn them out. Hopefully a firmware update will fix this.

Okay, so the first question. I could find the previous LAView camera stream on my NVR and record it just like any other camera by simply searching for the camera's IP address. When I try this with the DB-11 the NVR doesn't find it. I noticed in the DB-11 settings in Dahua ConfigTool that the camera is set to Port 0 (as opposed to 80, 8099, 8999, etc.) and I don't find a way to change that. My NVR wont accept a Port setting of 0 so I'm thinking that is why the NVR can't find it. Any advice on this? It is not absolutely necessary that the NVR record the DB-11 stream since it is recording to the SD card but it would be nice.

Second question. I have gone into Dahua's ConfigTool and set the Day, Night, Normal (which I believe to be Auto day/night) to Normal, have turned the Color Mode to Auto and set the WDR to compensate for the backlighting from the camera looking out from my shaded porch. After making the settings I get a great picture during the day and I also get a great picture that night. The issue I run into is the following day when the camera should switch from Night mode back to Day mode it does not switch and the picture remains black and white all day until I go back into the ConfigTool and manually switch from Normal to Day. It is very clear but I would prefer color during the day. I will play with setting combinations to see if I get something that works properly. If anyone has already done this and can save me some time, that would be great!

My last question. Is there a way to adjust the pre and post event record times? I'm guessing this is set in the firmware but in my opinion both are too short. When someone approaches the door they are already at the door before the recording starts. The walkway to the door is approx. 30 feet so the recording should start at least halfway up the sidewalk. The same goes for the length of the recording after the motion. It stops way too soon after motion is detected. I think someone suggested that perhaps Dahua is using the same firmware on this unit as the battery powered DB-10 so perhaps the short times are for battery conservation. If so, hopefully Dahua will be making a big firmware change.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

rsot

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a couple questions for those of you that have had the DB-11 up and running for a while. I bought one from Andy at EmpireTech (Thanks Andy! Two day delivery from Hong Kong to Little Rock is awesome) to take the place of a VERY buggy LAView doorbell camera. I got the DB-11 installed and running and it is a huge improvement over the previous camera. It is very stable and doesn't drop off the WiFi and/or reboot constantly. I do have the multiple mechanical bell chimes when the doorbell button is pressed just as I assume everyone else has. When paired with a mechanical chime I can hear a relay in the doorbell clicking closed and open numerous times when the doorbell button is pressed which corresponds with the multiple "ding-dongs". If I change the setting to pair with an electric chime, when the doorbell button is pressed the relay can be heard clicking closed a single time then opening after several seconds which, while it prevents the multiple chimes it holds the mechanical chimes closed the entire time which would quickly burn them out. Hopefully a firmware update will fix this.

Okay, so the first question. I could find the previous LAView camera stream on my NVR and record it just like any other camera by simply searching for the camera's IP address. When I try this with the DB-11 the NVR doesn't find it. I noticed in the DB-11 settings in Dahua ConfigTool that the camera is set to Port 0 (as opposed to 80, 8099, 8999, etc.) and I don't find a way to change that. My NVR wont accept a Port setting of 0 so I'm thinking that is why the NVR can't find it. Any advice on this? It is not absolutely necessary that the NVR record the DB-11 stream since it is recording to the SD card but it would be nice.

Second question. I have gone into Dahua's ConfigTool and set the Day, Night, Normal (which I believe to be Auto day/night) to Normal, have turned the Color Mode to Auto and set the WDR to compensate for the backlighting from the camera looking out from my shaded porch. After making the settings I get a great picture during the day and I also get a great picture that night. The issue I run into is the following day when the camera should switch from Night mode back to Day mode it does not switch and the picture remains black and white all day until I go back into the ConfigTool and manually switch from Normal to Day. It is very clear but I would prefer color during the day. I will play with setting combinations to see if I get something that works properly. If anyone has already done this and can save me some time, that would be great!

My last question. Is there a way to adjust the pre and post event record times? I'm guessing this is set in the firmware but in my opinion both are too short. When someone approaches the door they are already at the door before the recording starts. The walkway to the door is approx. 30 feet so the recording should start at least halfway up the sidewalk. The same goes for the length of the recording after the motion. It stops way too soon after motion is detected. I think someone suggested that perhaps Dahua is using the same firmware on this unit as the battery powered DB-10 so perhaps the short times are for battery conservation. If so, hopefully Dahua will be making a big firmware change.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
please advise which fw you have on doorbell