Dahua DH-NVR4104HS 4P 4KS2 POE no video stream problem.

rudiau

n3wb
Reaction score
Situation,
New DH-NVR4104Hs 4P 4KS2 POE version V3.216.12SD.000.0
4 x HDW4631c-a version 2.622.0000000.23.R

LAN TCP/IP 192.168.20.108
Switch 10.1.1.1
Cam 1 10.1.1.65
Cam 2 10.1.1.66
Cam 3 10.1.1.67
Cam 4 10.1.1.68

The problem is the NVR auto registers all the cameras but they all come up with Status red dot.
There is no info on the Status tab, the Firmware tab and asks for Upgrade on all cameras on the Upgrade tab. (If it can't see the Firmware version on the Firmware tab i'm assuming the NVR would default to upgrading the cameras).
There is no info on the Encode tab and I can't change and save any altered settings.
The result in Live View is no video and get the message "system has reached the connection threshold" on all four cameras.

To help fault finding I removed all cameras except cam 4 which was brought inside and did the physical pull apart factory reset. No good.
Just to make sure the camera was working I had a spare modem router reconfigured the LAN gateway to 10.1.1.1. Plugged the laptop to the reconfigured router and then the camera with the aid of a 12v power supply. Fired up SmartPSS and I had glorious video.

These four cameras were working fine with my old Dahua NVR2104HS which I sold to buy this one for the IVS functionality.
I think I have scored a faulty NVR, anyone confirm this or have advice,
Thanks
Rudi

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried on the registration page to click the pencil icon and verify login/pass on each camera? They typically take the pass of the NVR. A

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you go to "Network/Port" and set max connections to max (128 I think)

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
some times those cameras have there own default password that has to be entered into nvr's camera registration. to enable them.

rudiau

n3wb
Reaction score
some times those cameras have there own default password that has to be entered into nvr's camera registration. to enable them.
Hi dudemaar,
I was able to access the cameras by bypassing the NVR altogether and using Smart PSS on a PC using the password entered when setting up the NVR.

rudiau

n3wb
Reaction score
Had a thought. When you first receive your new NVR and power up, it asks if you are inside China or outside China. If you choose outside it then asks you to select a country. It continues on then with setting password and questions etc etc.

I have tried a few factory resets but it always opens up on the password page.
Is there any way to get the country selection page back?
I would like to select inside China to see what happens.
Will removing (desoldering) the clock battery help achieve this?
Thanks
Rudi

rudiau

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm yes, about that clock/bios battery.
The battery is a CR1220 watch battery. It is welded to both bracket holders which is then soldered through the board.(so soldered both sides). Tried with a solder sucker but no success.
Good luck to anyone replacing that battery down the track.

rudiau

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm yes, about that clock/bios battery.
The battery is a CR1220 watch battery. It is welded to both bracket holders which is then soldered through the board.(so soldered both sides). Tried with a solder sucker but no success.
Good luck to anyone replacing that battery down the track.
Went back to disconnecting clock/bios battery. this attack went well. Left it disconnected for about half an hour.
No workee, goes straight to password page.
Twas a long bow, I know. :(