Dahua Dh-sd59230t-hn Speed dome troubles,red blink on board , need help

glyce90

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello , so i have a Dahua Dh-sd59230t-hn with some problems . It powers up , but i can't find it with config tool or others dhua programs . I tried to reset it from the button , nothing happens . I will upload some pictures with a red blink from motherboard , can someone tell me what is this ? Also .. that is the reset button from 1st picture?

I need help guys :D thank you for your time

Attachments

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
How did it get to this point? It just stopped suddenly? Ethernet connector contacts are clean?
Ex Clujean.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
First thing I would try is make sure it has full voltage. Try a short cable going to a known good POE adapter,
then try putting 12v into the connector on the camera.

glyce90

n3wb
Reaction score
How did it get to this point? It just stopped suddenly? Ethernet connector contacts are clean?
Ex Clujean.
I just got it from a friend , i don't have idea what happened to it . Ethernet connector contacts are clean . When i plug the network cable from POE into laptop , it tries to identify the network , it dissapears for 1 second , then same thing again and again . Also i don't know nothing about that red light blinking , i think that's the answer for my problems .

First thing I would try is make sure it has full voltage. Try a short cable going to a known good POE adapter,
then try putting 12v into the connector on the camera.
I tried already , i got poe adaptor from another camera and tried it . it has power , it tries to identify lan network then it dissapear for 1 second and coming back again .

Attachments

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
yes, that's the reset button. if not already,. hold it down for a good 30 seconds while powering it up to effect a factory reset on otherwise OK camera.

"it tries to identify lan network then it dissapear for 1 second and coming back again "

do you mean the switch poe and/or link light comes on breifly, then off and repeats? or did you do a packet capture (via wireshark or tcpdump, for example) and see it ARP'ing on the network at boot up?

if you haven't done the latter yet, please do. could be it needs to be re-flashed with proper firmware... (you'll see it ARP'ing for 192.168.1.1 if it's trying to find the gateway to send tftp request to).

see Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP for details on the tftp recovery process.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Power supply has at least 3 Amps?
Maybe a firmware update went bad?

I'm having issues with the 2mp wedge camera as well, update did not finish and now it is bricked, but the LED still turns on and it is green. It reboots constantly, but not that fast.

glyce90

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, that's the reset button. if not already,. hold it down for a good 30 seconds while powering it up to effect a factory reset on otherwise OK camera.

"it tries to identify lan network then it dissapear for 1 second and coming back again "

do you mean the switch poe and/or link light comes on breifly, then off and repeats? or did you do a packet capture (via wireshark or tcpdump, for example) and see it ARP'ing on the network at boot up?

if you haven't done the latter yet, please do. could be it needs to be re-flashed with proper firmware... (you'll see it ARP'ing for 192.168.1.1 if it's trying to find the gateway to send tftp request to).

see Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP for details on the tftp recovery process.
Link light from router comes on briefly , then off and repeats - when i put network cable from poe on router

When i'm connecting directly to laptop , he's trying to discover network , then off and repeats , as you can see in my last 2 pictures.

I tried to reset it from button , nothing happens . I'll follow your link with reflash , but i don't have so much experience at this .Also i don't understand what 'latter is' , my english is kinda bad atm :) Thank you for reply !

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, checking the specs of that camera, it does seem to require PoE+ (not just PoE), and it wants 24V AC power input.

so perhaps your 'regular' poe switch simply can't provide enuf power for it, so it flashes like you see.
(PoE normally supports up to 15w per port, but the cam's requirements at bootup , supposedly <13w, may be just enuf to trigger the switch's overload.)

and for the external power, it wants 24v AC. Less than 1amp, but 12vdc won't cut it.

Now, if you are indeed using a 24v ac power supply, the next step is to take packet captures for signs of networking to see if it can be rescued.

glyce90

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, checking the specs of that camera, it does seem to require PoE+ (not just PoE), and it wants 24V AC power input.

so perhaps your 'regular' poe switch simply can't provide enuf power for it, so it flashes like you see.
(PoE normally supports up to 15w per port, but the cam's requirements at bootup , supposedly <13w, may be just enuf to trigger the switch's overload.)

and for the external power, it wants 24v AC. Less than 1amp, but 12vdc won't cut it.

Now, if you are indeed using a 24v ac power supply, the next step is to take packet captures for signs of networking to see if it can be rescued.
it's not poe for sure , i have poe+ taken from other hikvision speed dome . So can you explain me how should i test it for networking? as i told you , when i put the network cable from poe in my lan port , it tries to ' identify network' , it dissapear and comes back again WITHOUT camera reseting ! I'm pretty sure that red blink is the answer to my problem , but i don't know where to research about it .

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you need to select that ethernet interface to start the actual packet capture. that's just showing 'some' traffic, not what it is exactly...

glyce90

n3wb
Reaction score

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
i see no traffic from the cam in that capture. Just packets from your Dell, though it looks like you may have set it at 192.168.1.1 and .254.254 to do the tftp thing? too bad, as that cannot work if there's no signs of life from the cam...