Dahua DH-SD6AL245U-HNI-IR problems

ncgnick

n3wb
Reaction score
Firstly I need to comment the complete absence of DAHUA technical support. We have been desperately trying to contact any DAHUA support and we either get no response despite our repetitive e-mails or we are getting messages that their mail servers are misconfigured. We have repeatedly sent e-mails to all the Dahua related mailboxes we have located on the internet. It seems that Dahua doesn't care for after sales. Only for sales.
The problem
We have paid a fortune to buy some DH-SD6AL245U-HNI-IR cameras. All the cameras presented similar problems After 4-5 days of operation they are stop functioning. One reboots continuously when IR light lights up. Other, blurs the image and zoom and focus functions stop when operating the wiper and it is night. Other camera stops sending image and cannot be accessed by web interface although we can ping it. We have found that all the problems relate to the power supply. In all the cameras we have installed the AC power supplies provided in a ventilated waterproof enclosure near the camera. There is no additional cable between the camera and the power supply rather than the cable that is on the power supply. All the AC power supplies (transformers in real) are supplied by 230VAC online UPS. We have managed to minimize the problems but not to eliminate completely by supplying the cameras with zero ripple 24DC power supplies capable for high currents and by restricting the Laser infrared to 75% of its power. The cameras problems seems to be directly related to the power consumption. In some of the cameras regardless of the high performance DC power supply connected, when operating the laser at 100% of its power they fail. In other cameras when trying to operate the wiper they fail. We are desperate because we are exposed in front of our clients and nobody from DAHUA seems to be caring. Do you have any idea for this problem? There is nothing on the internet regarding this. All the cameras have the latest firmware. Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you certain the power supplies output meets the specs required for the cameras?
Electrical
Power Supply
AC24V/3A(±25%), Hi-PoE

Power Consumption
24W, 38W (IR on)

This could also be related to wiring issue's from the transformer to the camera. If you crimped the power transformer leads to the cameras power input, the crimps could be bad.

Unless you are an authorized Dahua seller, then Dahua will not provide support to you. You need to get support from the seller where you purchased your cameras.

ncgnick

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Firstly I wish to make clear that we know exactly what to do. (I hold a Ph.D in VLSIdesign) so, power supplies are for me the baby part. Yes The power supply is perfect. We started with the AC24VAC provided in the box and as have described, the power supply is located exactly near the camera. No extension cable in between. On my opinion it is manufacturing problem of the specific series of cameras.Regarding technical support What you say is not written in any terms and conditions. I asked my secretary to read them thoroughly. At least they should have answered "Dear sir Please contact ..... distributor" On the other hand, the described issue is not something a dealer can handle. The local dealer cannot understand deep technical things that's why we are buying from the internet. I am not expecting from a Chinese guy somewhere in the middle of Asia to provide me technical support for such an important matter. Dahua as designer and manufacturer has to indicate the right person to discuss our problem. Silence in such important issues is simply bad business.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Firstly I wish to make clear that we know exactly what to do. (I hold a Ph.D in VLSIdesign) so, power supplies are for me the baby part. Yes The power supply is perfect. We started with the AC24VAC provided in the box and as have described, the power supply is located exactly near the camera. No extension cable in between. On my opinion it is manufacturing problem of the specific series of cameras.Regarding technical support What you say is not written in any terms and conditions. I asked my secretary to read them thoroughly. At least they should have answered "Dear sir Please contact ..... distributor" On the other hand, the described issue is not something a dealer can handle. The local dealer cannot understand deep technical things that's why we are buying from the internet. I am not expecting from a Chinese guy somewhere in the middle of Asia to provide me technical support for such an important matter. Dahua as designer and manufacturer has to indicate the right person to discuss our problem. Silence in such important issues is simply bad business.
Hi there my 6al245uni is pixelating at night now all black dots on the screen when I zoom in any suggestions it’s a year and a half old it just start doing that a week ago Any suggestions