Dahua dhi-vth2020dw - Analog to Digital?

vrap

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Have recently moved into a home that has a dhi-vth2020dw screen/answering console, with a camera doorbell at the front.

This has been wired analog. I was wondering if there is any clever way to convert this or bring it more online?

Would like to be able to get notifications and capture video.

Thanks

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The VTO 2202 system has an option to use a 2 wire cable from older analog units. There are a couple of YouTube videos demonstrating the 2 wire setup. They made it look like it had full functionality. If that doesn't work, you might be able to use the old cables to pull ethernet. You might talk to EmpiretechAndy, as he is a Dahua dealer and very smart about the various equipment options. I have a couple VTO2202f door units running on Ethernet, and like them very much.

vrap

n3wb
Reaction score
The VTO 2202 system has an option to use a 2 wire cable from older analog units. There are a couple of YouTube videos demonstrating the 2 wire setup. They made it look like it had full functionality. If that doesn't work, you might be able to use the old cables to pull ethernet. You might talk to EmpiretechAndy, as he is a Dahua dealer and very smart about the various equipment options. I have a couple VTO2202f door units running on Ethernet, and like them very much.
Ah interesting, so you are suggesting replacing the doorbell camera itself with one that supports ethernet AND having it relay to the analog indoor display via 2 wires?

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ah interesting, so you are suggesting replacing the doorbell camera itself with one that supports ethernet AND having it relay to the analog indoor display via 2 wires?
I'm not sufficiently familiar with your setup to be so specific, but I offer it as something to look at. If your existing system is a two wire analog system, Dahua apparently allows you to retrofit a vto2202 (and perhaps other models) without running new cable.

But all I know is what I saw on a couple of YT videos. You should start there, and then talk to Andy if it might work.

vrap

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sufficiently familiar with your setup to be so specific, but I offer it as something to look at. If your existing system is a two wire analog system, Dahua apparently allows you to retrofit a vto2202 (and perhaps other models) without running new cable.

But all I know is what I saw on a couple of YT videos. You should start there, and then talk to Andy if it might work.
Ah thats fair enough. For reference my full set up is:
Doorbell: DHI-VTK-VT0-2010D
Monitor inside: VTH2020DW

According to the listing on Amazon, its a 4 wire model.

At the moment, it's the only thing wired, and rings and can view the video. I will reach out to Andy and leave this here in case anyone has ideas.

EDIT: @Gimmons, where can I contact Andy?

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
According to the listing on Amazon, its a 4 wire model.

EDIT: @Gimmons, where can I contact Andy?
Four wires is enough for an Ethernet connection at 100Mb/sec. You might have to find a way to get power to the door unit, but you could have your communications wires in place already.