Dahua Disk Manager - failed to open record

Pavel-V

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hallo, some time ago I swaped harddrives in my Dahua NVRs and now I would like to get back to some old records.

So I connected the old harddrives by usb convertor to pc, installed ToolBox and Disk Manager. The Disk Manager is able to see the harddrive and search records. But only some of them are readable. On majority of the recors the Disk Manager say "Failed to open record! Please check disk ...". When I take the harddrive and put it back to NVR I am able to read all record with no problem.

I experience this problem on Windows 10 and Windows7. I experience this problem on two diferent harddrive from two diferent NVRs. I did test to use other USB-sata convertor. The APP and NVR is up to date.

NVR4108HS-4KS2 V4.001.0000000.1, Build Date: 2020-03-19
XVR5116HS-X V4.000.000002.4, BuildDate: 2019-04-02

Is there a way to get to the old records with Dahua? Thx much.

Attachments

Stratos

n3wb
Reaction score
As i understand still no solution for this problem? I have new XVR with 4.0 gui and same problem can't play records from HDD over Disk Manager

Stratos

n3wb
Reaction score
I found out a solution, just use old version Disk Manager, that comes separately from tool box

Arnold 69

n3wb
Reaction score
Hallo, some time ago I swaped harddrives in my Dahua NVRs and now I would like to get back to some old records.

So I connected the old harddrives by usb convertor to pc, installed ToolBox and Disk Manager. The Disk Manager is able to see the harddrive and search records. But only some of them are readable. On majority of the recors the Disk Manager say "Failed to open record! Please check disk ...". When I take the harddrive and put it back to NVR I am able to read all record with no problem.

I experience this problem on Windows 10 and Windows7. I experience this problem on two diferent harddrive from two diferent NVRs. I did test to use other USB-sata convertor. The APP and NVR is up to date.

NVR4108HS-4KS2 V4.001.0000000.1, Build Date: 2020-03-19
XVR5116HS-X V4.000.000002.4, BuildDate: 2019-04-02

Is there a way to get to the old records with Dahua? Thx much.
I have the same problem, did you find a way?