Dahua Email test failed

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello!

I noticed that my NVR doesn't send any email.
I tried to setup Email settings and I noticed that Email test fails when I use the smtp server name and it works fine when I use the ip address.
I use Google DNS addresses so I can't understand why it happens.
I have another NVR located in other place and it works fine with the same settings using smtp server name not ip ad

Attachments

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here are my settings that allow me to PASS the email test successfully... Note, you may have to turn on the LESS SECURE APP ACCESS under your gmail account. But even doing that, sometimes you will still fail. That's what happened to me... I ended up using a different gmail account, enabled the LESS SECURE APP ACCESS, and then the email tests worked fine. Even though the settings were identical.

However, while I do get the test email delivered to me, the NVR has never sent me any other email(s), so I don't really know what it's useful for?? I thought I'd get an email if, for example, one of my cameras went offline (like when I manually reboot a camera or something) but, I don't get notified of that when i reboot a cameras, so I'm not really sure what purpose the email option is for or what it's capable of telling you.

1643323501269.png

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have almost the same settings.
The single difference is that you use the DNS name of SMTP server, but I use the SMTP server IP address because DNS resolving doesn't work for my case.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried using a different email account? It makes no sense, but the SAME settings didn't work for one gmail account I had, but worked for another gmail account I had (both accounts had LESS SECURE APP ACCESS on as well. )