Dahua epoe system help

ih784

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I’m in need of a single surveillance camera. The camera location is about 700 feet from my house out of los. I think I can use a Dahua camera with a 4 port epoe switch to power the camera. I’m not sure what setup I would need to make this work. My thought is: NVR to 4-port epoe switch to CAT6e to camera. Is this accurate? If anyone can tell me what I would need to make this work, I’d greatly appreciate it. A camera suggestion, NVR and epoe or power supply switch for the single camera would be an incredible help to me. I can set it up, I just need to know the best way to go and what is proven to work. Any links you have to point me in the right direction are welcomed too.

ih784

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! Fastest response ever lol. Will that epoe switch be able to power a pan tilt zoom camera? I was thinking fixed bullet. Will the epoe switch need to be installed at “about” the halfway point down the line, say about 300 feet? OR can I install the epoe switch at the beginning of the line (the house)?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
normal PTZ 300 feet can work under this poe switch, but if your ptz is hi-poe super PTZ have to use with PFT1200.

ih784

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it. But for the camera posted earlier (nice btw) or a bullet camera can the epoe switch be installed at the beginning of the 700 foot run? If so, it looks like the cat6e cable running from the epoe switch both powers the camera and receives the transmitted images from the camera?

ih784

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. You made my life easier. I’ve been looking at this stuff for three days. You’re a gentleman and a scholar. There’s damn few of us left.