Dahua Face Detection and IVS tripwire no event notification DMSS app

Dangs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys have 2 IP cameras one setup with face detection and the other setup with IVS Tripwire when watching on the NVR I can see Face detection being triggered and the tripwire being triggered but can’t seem to get it to notify me on the DMSS app not sure what’s going wrong

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which NVR are you using? Does it have the capability to run these functions? I had tried to set up all this stuff until I came to learn my cam's could do it, but the NVR couldn't!

KL0J0

n3wb
Reaction score
As stated above, check which functions your nvr and cameras support.

About not getting notifications on your phone via DMSS; make sure everything is set on the end of the nvr. Meaning; set smart plan (light bulb icon enabled and ''save'') for each channel. Afterwards set up your ivs --> tripwire or other rule settings for each camera and set the schedule there for each IVS rule. You will also need to go into the nvr storage settings to once again setup the same ivs schedule for all camera channels.

Once everything has been said and done you can go to the DMSS app (if you have already added your NVR delete it first) and add your nvr to the app.
I can't stress this part enough, if you add the nvr to the app BEFORE everything is setup on the NVR itself, you will NOT get to see the notification setting (''three dots icon --> details)!!!

Now when you tap the "three dots'' icon next to your newly added nvr device you go to details-->notifications turn on the slider for your nvr (whatever name you gave it will be displayed there) set the schedule like you did in the nvr setup. Select IVS in the same screen and select which channels you want to enable and what kind of rules. Save --> done.

If you want you can also set a schedule within the app for when you want to receive notifications through the DMSS app, you can find this when you tap "Me" in the bottom right corner (not sure if you need to create an account to use this function), anyway it is the second entry in my case (couldn't set the language to english for some reason). I think it would be called ''general'' if your app is displayed in English. (Apparently this function only works if your NVR has a 05-2020 firmware, mine is march 2020 so it doesnt work in my case).

Easy right? Dahua and Hikvision should be ashamed of themselves!
It wouldn't be as bad if they at least provided detailed and complete information/guides, which they don't.

I had to piece all this together from forum posts, youtube and lots and lots and lots of trial and error....
Hope this helps anybody

Last edited: