Dahua hdbw4431e-as record substream and mainstream on detection

Timmeh1981

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi ppl,

I've been searching the web for an anwser to my question but havent been succesful in finding one. So without further delay i decided to place my question here, in an attempt to figure out if it's even possible or if someone knows the anwser.

I've been using multiple setups using synology surveillance station with success on a variety of cameras from foscam to hikvision to dahua without a single question rising.
Except for yesterday: a friend asked if its possible to (with only a single camera setup of the one mentioned in the topic, no nas, no nvr etc) continuously record substream, except on a detection event: switch to mainstream record. In order to save space but always have access to a permanent recording and deleting the oldest records on a disk full event.

I know it's possible using surveillance station with synology but I haven't been able to find any sort of option or setting in the web interface of the camera. only OR substream OR mainstream record. and since its recordings are stored on an SD card space is limited.
I've searched the forum but couldn't find a similar question or my search queries weren't adequate. I hope someone knows the anwser.

in short: can you set up a dahua camera (preferably in the web interface) to record substream to the sd card and on a detection event switch to (OR! _also record_) mainstream.
All to save space but still have the possibility to view recordings througout the day and events on high quality.
It would seem so obvious that this option should be available as it is on surveillance station (which works flawlessly and saves a lot of disk space).

thanks in advance!
I hope my english isn't that bad. i'm dutch :)