Dahua HFW4431M-AS-I2 having ONVIF alert problems for alarm input

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm benchtesting an HFW4431M-AS-I2 bullet and it's giving me some troubles with getting the alerts to work off-camera. I can get the red light to light up on the live view screen of the web browser by crossing the alarm input wires and it'll even play an alarm alert if I select one in the settings. Blue Iris won't respond to the alerts though and it doesn't seem to be an BI problem.

Video config in BI is set to Generic RTSP h.264/h.265/MJPEG/MPEG4, under Trigger options I have the box checked for "Camera's digital input or motion", BI's "motion sensor" is unchecked, and I've enabled PTZ control as ONVIF (OXML). Record video when triggered is checked in the Record tab naturally. After doing the Inspect Camera it doesn't check the "Get events with PullPointSubscription" checkbox even though BI reports that it supports ONVIF events.

ODM 2.2.250 doesn't seem to like that camera for some reason. I loaded ODM up and it connects to and reports the other two Dahua cameras on my system (IPC-HDW4431C-A and IPC-HDW4231C-A turrets). They all have the same admin account and password so all three should get logged into the same. It gives error 400 bad response.

BI does report "bad response" when requesting device information but gets answers to "GetCapabilities".

The cam has firmware version 2.460.0000.4.R with build date 2016-06-21. Web version is 3.2.1.354451, and ONVIF version is reported as 2.42.

Anybody else having either success or problems with this cam in either Blue Iris or another NVR/software situation where it's set up as an ONVIF camera? It's not just a BI thing because ONVIF Device Manager can't read it properly either.

I've attached pics of ODM's and Blue Iris's responses.

Attachments