Dahua IP Camera Firmware Upgrade Fails!!!

goblin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am very proud to be part of this forum where I really see specialized people. thanks!
Now I want to go back to the post title.
I have 7 Dahua cameras - purchased on aliexpress - which for some strange reason I wanted to update the firmware to the latest version. Clearly, before proceeding with the firmware update, I hadn't documented that there were Chinese Dahua cameras and original Dahua cameras!

Incredibly 1 camera out of 7 did not update the firmware so I still have the firmware information for the other 6 cameras.
I write you the information of the cameras:
Device Type: IPC-HDBW4631R-ZS
sys.FirmVersion 2.460.0000000.16.R, Build Date: 2017-09-04
WEB Version: 3.2.1.491565
ONVIF Version: 16.12 (V2.4.0.465616)

given the dramatic situation in which I find myself, I ask you 2 things please:
1) is there the possibility to copy the firmware of the working camera, and paste it on the other 6 with wrong firmware? if yes, how can i do it?
2) I tried to follow some procedures concerning the tftp, unfortunately without success .... who can help me? assuming it is right to make a copy / recovery firmware with TFTP

just to finish, I tried to connect 1 of the faulty cameras (6) to the PC and I launched PortScan .. the only open port is 22 and I can only ping the camera .....

thank you all

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the cameras are installed and operating and working as you need them to, a general rule of thumb here is "don't fix what ain't broke".

Many times a firmware update will add something that you were not using or didn't need and it unfortunately then breaks something you were using.

And then with the market flooded with so many counterfeits or hacks, you run the risk of bricking one.

Hopefully someone else can provide you with a solution, but in many instances like this you now own a brick. Your best bet would be to go the vendor and plea with them and see if they can offer up a solution.

goblin

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for your feedback, completely agree with you! are always life lessons!
If the cameras are installed and operating and working as you need them to, a general rule of thumb here is "don't fix what ain't broke".

Many times a firmware update will add something that you were not using or didn't need and it unfortunately then breaks something you were using.

And then with the market flooded with so many counterfeits or hacks, you run the risk of bricking one.

Hopefully someone else can provide you with a solution, but in many instances like this you now own a brick. Your best bet would be to go the vendor and plea with them and see if they can offer up a solution.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. I have decided to update the 2MP wedge camera and it got bricked. Did not finish the firmware transfer. Other cameras did finish and they are working great.
I'm kind of lost here, because that "easy" unbricking method is way to complicated for me.