Dahua IP Camera to Control Garage door

Kymadn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have a Dahua camera with 1x Alarm In and 1x Alarm Out. I wanted to wire the Alarm_Out across my garage door remote button so I can open the Garage door via the internet on iDMSS. My camera with the I/O is connected to a 4104 NVR.

If I log into the camera via a web browser I can toggle the Alarm_Out to close contact via the Alarm Relay button. However I can not work out how to control the camera I/O with iDMSS. Anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if you do that any time the camera "thinks" it sees something your garage will be open, and vulnerable. Camera detection is not foolproof.

Kymadn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the OP is planning to look at the camera video remotely then toggle the camera's alarm output himself to open the door, not using motion detection.
If I'm wrong, then I think I hear Baha Men:

correct, I am not using an alarm on the camera. Only want to toggle the output via iDmss. Cannot find a button on iDmss which will do this. I have only been able to toggle it via web browser after logging into the camera

Reaction score
I have the same doubt, however, it is a hotel garage, and the door would only be opened from the inside, that is, detecting a car that wants to leave the garage. Would anyone have any ideas?
I'm using NVR DAhua 64 channel and Longse Ip camera 5 mega pixel.

Reaction score
I have the same doubt, however, it is a hotel garage, and the door would only be opened from the inside, that is, detecting a car that wants to leave the garage. Would anyone have any ideas?
I'm using NVR DAhua 64 channel and Longse Ip camera 5 mega pixel.