Dahua IP PTZ Firmware

k3nn4

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would like to find out where to download dahua ip ptz firmware?

I am having a weird problem with the PTZ cam and would like to see if it will work after firmware upgraded.

Here is the model number of the PTZ: DH-SD65230N-HNI

Here is what is happening to the ptz.

I unscrewed and took out the head of the unit and then place it on the table, miracle happened when I turn on the power switch. It has no problem and its works as what it should be, pan, tilt, zoom, scan and so on.

BUT.....

as soon as I place it back into the cover, it does not work anymore.

Anyone know why and can you please help me ?

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
firmware wont fix that, sounds like a bad wire some place or something is shorting to the case.. could also be a bad solder joint and dismounting it removed a bit of stress on the board.. its definately hardware, so software will just make it worse, ie brick it.

k3nn4

n3wb
Reaction score
firmware wont fix that, sounds like a bad wire some place or something is shorting to the case.. could also be a bad solder joint and dismounting it removed a bit of stress on the board.. its definately hardware, so software will just make it worse, ie brick it.
Nayr,

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any suggestion? the warranty has just expired 2 months ago. any idea to fix this?

the ptz work perfectly without the housing, tested for several hours without a single problem and that is why i says it is weird. I am guessing something is shorting to the housing as well. But how to solve this problem? I have been draining my brain for 2 days and doesnt have a single clue about it. :(

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't fix something like that over a keyboard. You'll have to visually inspect to find the problem. That'd be relatively easy if something's shorting to the case but damn near impossible if you've got a cold solder joint. Dig out your magnifying glass and tester and hope you get lucky. Personally, I'd skip the tester and just use a magnifier if you don't know what you're doing because you're probably more likely to blow something while testing with power than finding your problem. You could try putting things back together and not tighten down the screws and see if that works. That's probably a short term fix with the moving parts in a PTZ jiggling things around though. Good luck.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
pretty much, I'd run it through my reflow oven first.. you got one of those or a reflow station w/a heatgun?

Last edited by a moderator: