Dahua IPC-HDW4831-EMP-ASE connected to Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2 NVR advice needed

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a current camera system that I am adding an additional 2 cameras to, the cameras are the Dahua HDW4832-EMP-ASE and I have some questions for the resident experts about what can be done and what is th3e best setup options.

My current system has 3 x Hikvision DS-2CD-2331-I cameras 2 x Dahua IPC-HDW4300C, currently, the cameras are recording full time

I am looking to utilize the video detection of the camera (Not the NVR's video detection) and record back to the Hikvision NVR, can the system be set up this way?
How is this set up on the NVR's storage settings? Setup the detection areas on the camera? what setting is used on the NVR's storage setting to record, detecting the Alarm or whatever from the camera to trigger the recording?

The options on the NVR's storage record schedule are. Continuous, Motion I Alarm, Alarm, Motion, Motion, and Alarm or Event

The same goes for IVS detection like Tripwire and so on on the Dahua, obviously, the detection is set up on the camera but how does the recorder know to record on that event?, again I am assuming the storage record-setting on the NVR is set to record

I also see the camera can take snapshots of an even, can the camera record and take snapshots at the same time utilizing both functions?

I hope I have made sense here, I have the biggest headache getting my head around this

Thank you all in advance