Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE self-rebooting

gzn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have two HDW5231R-ZE, but one of them have been self-rebooting by no reason a couple of days ago. The camera stay just a few seconds online. I already read Andy's topic about firmware versión 2.800.00000016 and its problems but I have not upgraded firmware since 2.800.00000010. I swapped PoE units, checked both network cables, umounted SDcards and the problem persists, just one camera works properly. After that, I applied a factory reset to the camera with problems, upgraded firmware to version 13 and 15, with factory resets between them and the problem persists. I am able to upgrade firmware (with config tool, web ui gets connection refused after some seconds) or change some configurations in a small time window between booting and restart, even to watch the main stream but I only can see a blank screen (weird). Could it be a hardware failure?

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like hardware failure, to make sure, put it on desk and test with 12V DC power supply and V2.800.0000015.0.R. Do not forget "System" -> "Default" -> "Default" after up/down-grading.

gzn

n3wb
Reaction score
Today I tried to do some test again on the camera and I found that the main stream worked perfectly (perfect image) for a few additional seconds and the the camera self-rebooted. The camera worked all the time in a fixed position at 25-30 celcius degress. Could it be a temperature problem or bad dissipation ?