Dahua IPC-HDW5442TM-AS-LED and bugs

OakleyFreak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im thinking about trying one of these and moving a current camera to the garage interior.
Im concerned about the LED attraction for bugs spiders ect.
Hate to have a continuous moths flying around it all night
Thanks
G

OakleyFreak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most that have the white LED cams do not use the white LED - they attract bugs more than the infrared LOL.
Yea thats my thoughts. So looks like these are really worth less for me,unless I turn off the LED. But then that defeats night vision.....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well I don't know if I would call the white LEDs on as night vision LOL. The camera works much better with supplemental white light.

In addition to the bugs, most don't run the white LED because then from the street it screams camera as the white LED is not in a place house lighting is usually at LOL.

These cameras tend to have better optics, but yeah it does need white light as they don't see infrared.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a couple LED 5442's.
Bug magnets in certain times of the year. lots of motion events to sift through that are bugs.
But since we have like 7 months of cold weather and almost NO Bugs, it's almost doable.
I have turned 1 of them off. and the other, well I left the job before turning that one off, So they are stuck with Mothman motion meltdowns. :)

OakleyFreak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I don't know if I would call the white LEDs on as night vision LOL. The camera works much better with supplemental white light.

In addition to the bugs, most don't run the white LED because then from the street it screams camera as the white LED is not in a place house lighting is usually at LOL.

These cameras tend to have better optics, but yeah it does need white light as they don't see infrared.
So I have a ZE on the drive . I have a street light at the end of a 100 foot drive. Maybe that would be enough light? I'll get a snap shot of it with IR off tonight and post

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

OakleyFreak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I Have 5442s and a couple of the 4K cams.
Living on a canal in Floriduh, I know bugs. Using IVS set to human and/or vehicles I rarely get an alert on bugs.

On the 4K-X and T below, pretty much never..

View attachment 168967

View attachment 168968
Thanks
Man that second video had some bugs.
I may consider that on the driveway since its not next to door acess. But no way on rear deck next to French doors. The bugs would eat us alive..
This helped