Dahua IPC-HFW8232EP-Z Connecting Problem

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I purchased this Dahua camera from Andy who has been fantastic to buy from. I have a problem with this camera connection to my Hikvision NVR. I have 4 other Dahua cameras, 2 PTZs and 2 Varifocals and they worked with out a problem. I am just wondering if I am overlooking something. Here is my basic routine and leaving out the other stuff like turning on the SSA.

1. With the Dahua config tool I change the addressing so that it matches what the Hikvision NVR is looking for.
2. I disable ONVIF on the camera.
3. With the Hikvision NVR I change the "plug and play" to manual mode.
4. I click on ONVIF.

At this point I am have been good to go for the NVR to communicate with the camera. I even used a power injector to see if that might have been a problem. Also this camera is a replacement for another camera which works just fine. I had to hook it back up when this failed to work. Thanks all for any ideas.

Edit, I have also hooked it right up to my NVRs with about 5' of cable. I had an empty slot an another NVR and still no dice. This camera looks like a real winner with its night vision capabilities. I will sure hate not to be able to use it.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the camera work correctly when viewing it directly with the web gui?
Or with SmartPSS?
Yes it does. Works just fine when hooked to my router/modem and using the Dahua Configuration Tool software. With the other 4 Dahua cameras I had to turn off the ONVIF in the camera software. I might try to see if the SADP Tool sees it now that I have changed the address etc.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Okay, it is now working. Looks like with this camera you have to have ONVIF "on" in the camera software. Can't wait to see how the night vision is.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
front_IP Camera3_front_20171228151438_2215413.jpg Much improved night vision. I can see well into the vegetation across the street. The main purpose of this camera is to watch the 1965 Buick Skylark.

front_IP Camera3_front_20171228175532_11869715.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is another picture. This is the best I have seen the trash cans at night after 3 cameras in this location. You can see the used battery bag on the center trash can. Also good detail in the shrubbery across the street including the round stepping stones. This camera has a 1/1.9" sensor.

front_IP Camera3_front_20180101211702_42222436.jpg

I have added a picture from the first camera for comparison.

front_IP Camera3_front_20170403213033_31302551.jpg

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is another picture. This is the best I have seen the trash cans at night after 3 cameras in this location. You can see the used battery bag on the center trash can. Also good detail in the shrubbery across the street including the round stepping stones. This camera has a 1/1.9" sensor.

View attachment 25242

I have added a picture from the first camera for comparison.

View attachment 25243
Not a fair comparison. The first cam has a lot of IR reflection hitting back at it from the eve and the wall that hurt it's night vision capability.