Dahua - LAN and Smart PSS connection

Nenogzar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
I have the following problem.
Two NVR - Dahua NVR4232-4KS2, they are placed in a separate network.
I route them to allow them to the core network.
Both are seen in HTTPS:
There is a problem with Smart PSS
The first is read but the second gives me a message:
Offline(Can not find network host)
I attached image:
Where should I look for the problem ?!

Attachments

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Bulgaria,

a little network diagram with an indication of each of the subnets and portforwards would help, as most of your URL bars in your browser point to 10.0.9.137 which is not the IP of the NVR (although you are trying to proof the HTTPS is working).

How did you "add" the second NVR to SmartPSS? Did you enter the IP yourself? What happens if you let smartPSS "search" for it. In the meanwhile, open your routerOS and let him show all "requests" going to 10.0.9.137. If there is another port required (I shout something: 443 for SSL) you will see that immediately.

Hope this helps!
CC

Nenogzar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bulgaria,

a little network diagram with an indication of each of the subnets and portforwards would help, as most of your URL bars in your browser point to 10.0.9.137 which is not the IP of the NVR (although you are trying to proof the HTTPS is working).

How did you "add" the second NVR to SmartPSS? Did you enter the IP yourself? What happens if you let smartPSS "search" for it. In the meanwhile, open your routerOS and let him show all "requests" going to 10.0.9.137. If there is another port required (I shout something: 443 for SSL) you will see that immediately.

Hope this helps!
CC
In the photos, the access via HTTPS is visible.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
In the photos, the access via HTTPS is visible.
Yes, that what I self-concluded. What about the rest of my post?

Possibilities:
  • you obvious reroute twice (from the 10.0.9.X towards a 192.168.3.X subnet AND a 192.168.37.X subnet). Not sure where your SmartPSS resides (why did I ask for a little network diagram?)
  • is this traffic effectively going through that double routing or not (we can assume everything, but "my HTTPS is working" will clearly not help because SmartPSS does not work).
  • Maybe SmartPSS requires additional ports which are somewhere somehow blocked/ignored in your setup

So, solutions for these possibilities:
  • you state HTTPS is working, then I don't know what else to do
  • or -
  • you start debugging. Read my first post again, and you'll find out quickly enough what might be wrong.

Good luck!
CC

Nenogzar

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, that what I self-concluded. What about the rest of my post?

Possibilities:
  • you obvious reroute twice (from the 10.0.9.X towards a 192.168.3.X subnet AND a 192.168.37.X subnet). Not sure where your SmartPSS resides (why did I ask for a little network diagram?)
  • is this traffic effectively going through that double routing or not (we can assume everything, but "my HTTPS is working" will clearly not help because SmartPSS does not work).
  • Maybe SmartPSS requires additional ports which are somewhere somehow blocked/ignored in your setup

So, solutions for these possibilities:
  • you state HTTPS is working, then I don't know what else to do
  • or -
  • you start debugging. Read my first post again, and you'll find out quickly enough what might be wrong.

Good luck!
CC
this combination, with the same NVD-s model, I made it in another network. and with the same Router model
I'm sending a picture.
The settings are identical. only the network is different.
Some of the ports ...... but I can't remember where .....
/ ignore the fact that their status is offline. I keep them that way by default

Attachments

Nenogzar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bulgaria,

Hope this helps!
CC
I add it manually as shown in the picture.
Search does not detect it because it is through the router with two different ports / 37777 and 37778.

Attachments

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
If port forwarding is setup properly, configtool and/or smartpss should see your device!!!

So again: on your RouterOS: can you enable (firewall) logging so you can see what is missing? Or can you put the NVR in a DMZ (without portforwarding) and have a look if that already works.

But from what I see from all your ports and screenshots ,you are forwarding port 37778 twice to 10.0.9.137 for example. That will, in my humble opinion, never work.

So ditch all the rules you have implemented now. Set the NVR like you want to have it, save and reboot it to make sure it works. THEN configure the rules again. If you're unsure about TCP or UDP, set both to be forwarded.

Good luck!
CC

PS. still waiting for the diagram

Nenogzar

n3wb
Reaction score
If port forwarding is setup properly, configtool and/or smartpss should see your device!!!

So again: on your RouterOS: can you enable (firewall) logging so you can see what is missing? Or can you put the NVR in a DMZ (without portforwarding) and have a look if that already works.

But from what I see from all your ports and screenshots ,you are forwarding port 37778 twice to 10.0.9.137 for example. That will, in my humble opinion, never work.

So ditch all the rules you have implemented now. Set the NVR like you want to have it, save and reboot it to make sure it works. THEN configure the rules again. If you're unsure about TCP or UDP, set both to be forwarded.

Good luck!
CC

PS. still waiting for the diagram
I very much thank for yours assistance!
I found the error ..... Wrong number in the UDP address :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
It's like a fast person. :facepalm::facepalm:
Thank you so much!!! Your advice was helpful to me!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
That was an interesting twist in this plot ;-) Congratulations!
Happy Camming!
CC