Dahua Latest New Full Color PTZ SD3 series

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

The first active-deterrence PTZ camera, SD3A series is officially released! Please see promotion in attached.

This camera is cost-effective. With an all-plastic appearance, it is suitable for promotion in areas where there is no special requirement for appearance.

It has a built-in spotlight and support active-deterrence function which can effectively carry out active defense and drive away danger in advance.

Supports uploading of alarm sounds, and can record appropriate alarm sounds according to requirements.

Product Features

· Fixed lens/ 5x Optical Zoom

· 2MP/ 4MP

· 30m IR distance

· IP66

· Wi-Fi (Only for SD3A300-GNP-W-PV)

· Built-in mic

· Built-in speaker

· Built-in spotlight

· Two-way talk

· Active-deterrence

· Pan 0°-355°

· Tilt -20°-90°

· SMD

· Perimeter protection

· Smart H.265+

▲ Certification

The product has obtained CE/FCC certification.

Please also check with below link for SD3A series, 2MP and 4MP.
WizSense Series
WizSense Series

Attachments

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Camera is bit small and can't do great job, laser normally use for 400meters+, so need a very powerful lens.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great add! I've been thinking of when the first Full Color PTZ would come (even though the SD3A400 is a PT without Z).
It will be interesting to see it in action.
I guess it's to early to know about the pricing, looking at the specs I guess it would be like 200-250$ - compared to the other active deterrence cams?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This will be a price killer, lol. Let me grab one and make some testing, will be within 200usd. This is a very small PTZ, Not a big zoom cam.

Reaction score
I would be interested in the SD3A205-GNP-PV model. Not wild about it being plastic, or the Wi-Fi models. The model I'm interested in, is the only one with optical (5x) zoom. The rest are just PT, so yes, they should be much cheaper.

PS: I especially like how the mount can be flipped 90 degrees so it can be mounted to a ceiling or eave.

Attachments

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Btw, checked the specs and it look like it was done in a hurry =)

@weigle2 5x isn't to much to get excided about :cool:
Yes using the same old 1/2.8" Sensor and F1:6 Lens on 2mp but you do have a choice of 2mp or 4mp has LED no IR both cheap plastic housings. Dahua are going backwards if you ask me.

1/2.8" CMOS and F1.6 & F1.8 lens IR on 2mp
1/2.8" CMOS and F1:0 lens NO IR but 2 small white LED on 4mp

Last edited:

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@ljw2k
Yes and no, I think this is the right way to go - to extend the portfolio in the "lite" range to win first time buyers.
I mean, this is the type of product that will fight with Reolink, now that they launch their "AI".
Active Deterrence is something that is attractive for many of first time buyers, in combination, with SMD.

I see a lot of Reolink users complaining of plenty of false positives and this is a big advantage with SMD (if it's set up).

But, these models shouldn't be mixed up with the SD5-range, that's something completely different.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I disagree the main competitor is Hikvision which are miles ahead in technology and sensors IMHO. Hikvision are now selling 1/1.2" & with F1:0 cams @ around £115 compare that to any of the Dahua range lite or pro.

EDIT 4mp & 8mp in the Hik range.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Btw, checked the specs and it look like it was done in a hurry =)

@weigle2 5x isn't to much to get excided about :cool:
Full color cams right now can’t reach too far, so that is why there is no motorized color cams. Add AI into it, esp at dark places. This cam pride will be a killer for low budget ptz I will get one next week, if test well , we get get a bit good price. Full color camera and traditional camera like battery car and traditional car. Lol

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Only the 4mp SD3A400-GNP-B-PV is a FULL COLOUR camera NO Ai the rest is standard starlight. I do like the darker colour but not a fan of plastic camera's.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I disagree the main competitor is Hikvision which are miles ahead in technology and sensors IMHO. Hikvision are now selling 1/1.2" & with F1:0 cams @ around £115 compare that to any of the Dahua range lite or pro.

EDIT 4mp & 8mp in the Hik range.
Can you provide a link to a Hik 4MP in the price range you referenced? Thanks.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This Sample will be ready this week, will invite Looney to make some testing, maybe some other 5mp deterence cameras.

I will have a video conference with dahua on Wednesday, they will send me some confidential docs for new products, i will share some general information here, make sure IPCT is the 1st place for all latest new dahua tech. :D
Chinese new year is coming soon, will have 2 weeks totally off. So other new models samples i think can be ready at March.

We will have a big new year discount from Feb.1st-3rd. Feb, because lots of people not get the black friday discount in Nov. So catch this time.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
SD3A400-GNP-B-PV
Get this one in, it's a pt camera with fixed lens 4mm, pic is sharp and the siren is loudly,lol. Will ask looney to make a playing.
Another good point is the camera can install directly on the vertical wall and ceiling, this bracket come with can adjust easily.
1612248986222.png
SD3A205-GNP-PV, the 2mp one has 5x zoom, we test the SD3A400-GNP-B-PV firstly.