Dahua Lite series NVR End-of-life (Update: new NVR's listed)

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I noticed this week on Dahua's website, the entire NVR4-serie NVR's in the Dahua lite series is end-of-life.
For example the quite populair NVR41__-4KS2 / NVR41__HS-4KS2.
Only the NVR2-series is not (yet?) eol; but those are less 'powerfull'.
Which also means there probably won't be anymore firmware updates (even though I rarely update firmware; my NVR is still running 2019-11-29 firmware; If it ain't broken...).

So Dahua has no similar NVR's left. If you want something comparable to the NVR41__-4KS2 you have to step up to the Pro-series NVR (for example the NVR52__-4KS2)
which is about 2x the price.

Does anyone know if Dahau has something new in the pipeline to replace the NVR41__-4KS2 NVR's with a similar price?

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hisilicon chip supply is out of stock
So there is currently no new NVR
You can buy NVR4208-8P-4KS2
Although this first batch was produced in 2017
But the firmware is still being updated

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I noticed this week on Dahua's website, the entire NVR4-serie NVR's in the Dahua lite series is end-of-life.
Which also means there probably won't be anymore firmware updates (even though I rarely update firmware; my NVR is still running 2019-11-29 firmware; If it ain't broken...).

So Dahua has no similar NVR's left. If you want something comparable to the NVR41__-4KS2 you have to step up to the Pro-series NVR (for example the NVR52__-4KS2)

Does anyone know if Dahau has something new in the pipeline to replace the NVR41__-4KS2 NVR's with a similar price?
I would guess, that they are fazing out the NON AI NVR's. The Wizesense series is the most likely replacement.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a 4116 that im using but with just four 4MP cameras and it works fine. Also have two of the older 4208’s for the HOA that are going on 4 years old running fine in NEMA boxes outside.

That said, with the newer AI and 4K cams, they just don’t have the horsepower.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's a shame. The NVR41__-4KS2 is a nice NVR when you don't need much. Or for a situation where you just want to record camera's 24/7 and have something else for the smart stuff.
Speaking of which; the way things are going I'm leaning towards the many new projects that heavily rely on AI and use the Dahua NVR just for 24/7 recording; using ONVIF/RTSP you can connect pretty much any IP-camera to the Dahua NVR's anyway.

There are projects going that use minimal hardware (down to the Raspberry Pi) and use the Coral TPU for AI detection much smarter than Dahua/Hikvision have to offer.
Frigate NVR for example or Camect.

I wish the latter would run on Docker/VM and not a dedicated system, would love to try that one out.

Reaction score

Ive just picked up a NVR5208-8P-4KS2E for only £100 so u can still pick them up cheap enough but i would look around

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just looked at Dahua's website and they posted a whole slew of new NVR's in the NVR4/L series:

They look identical and are named identical to their older NVR's but added the "/L" to the name.
The Product Selector show's just a single difference; max HDD goes from 6TB to 10TB.
The Product Page tells us it has "New 4.0 user interface, Security baseline 2.1" and shows some more detection methods (Face Detection by Camera).

So don't really know what the true differences are, but luckily Dahua has new models in this range of NVR's.