Dahua Live feed skipping, stuttering

trust120

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, sorry if my problem was discussed earlier. I couldn't find anything similiar to my case.
I'm using Dahua 2108-S3 NVR and IP POE Camera - Dahua ipc-hdw2849tm-s-il-0280b. When im watching live feed on DMSS app using P2P the live stream is skipping, stuttering every 2-3 seconds. There is no problem with recordings, only live stream is lagging. If i add camera via local network the problem is not exist. Live stream is clear with no skipping stuttering. I need to have a remove access so i've enabled P2P and using it in mobile application.

Could this be a problem with my home internet connection? Should I additionally configure the NVR to eliminate the problem? There was no such a problem with the previous reolink recorder and POE camera.

Thank you in advance for your tips.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try the following settings and see if there's any improvement:
  • Encoding strategy: General (or Smart Codec: Off)
  • Encode mode: H264
  • Bitrate type: CBR
  • Bit rate: 8192
  • Frame rate: 15 FPS
  • Frame interval (iFrame): 15

trust120

n3wb
Reaction score
Try the following settings and see if there's any improvement:
  • Encoding strategy: General (or Smart Codec: Off)
  • Encode mode: H264
  • Bitrate type: CBR
  • Bit rate: 8192
  • Frame rate: 15 FPS
  • Frame interval (iFrame): 15
ok, i will try to make those changes. Do the frame interval shouldn't be minimum twice greater than frame rate?

Reaction score
I'm using Dahua 2108-S3 NVR and IP POE Camera - Dahua ipc-hdw2849tm-s-il-0280b. When im watching live feed on DMSS app using P2P the live stream is skipping, stuttering every 2-3 seconds. There is no problem with recordings, only live stream is lagging. If i add camera via local network the problem is not exist. Live stream is clear with no skipping stuttering. I need to have a remove access so i've enabled P2P and using it in mobile application.
P2P connections are using UDP protocol to encapsulate Dahua private protocol and works exactly as form of VPN.
As each VPN, they are very dependent on the quality of the connection - especially delays and IP packet resends..

If you have problems with connection, use secondary stream with small bandwidth usage..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s a network bandwidth issue. P2P can be like that from time to time.

**** please delete or hide your serial # and QR code!