Dahua/Loryta Latency

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just tried ... I'm going to have to fuss with the string variables a little to get it to work ...
What string variables??? Use this RTSP url, replace user/password/ip with correct data...

rtsp:/USER:ASSWORD@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just checked and here's the chain ... MAIN ROUTER -> SMC EZswitch 10/100/1000 8508T -> REMOTE AP ROUTER -> POE -> IP CAMERA
Just insure NOTHING is plugged into any of the LAN ports of the "REMOTE AP ROUTER" except the 8508T switch.
The "REMOTE AP ROUTER" should be set to "AP MODE" or if no such option available, then DHCP disabled and given a unique static IP in the same subnet as the "MAIN ROUTER" but outside the DHCP pool of the "MAIN ROUTER"; then the "REMOTE AP ROUTER" should be connected to the 8508T switch via one of its LAN ports.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
UPnP and P2P should be turned off.

Those are only used to simplify viewing the camera on the app via scanning a QR code, which isn't recommended.

kd4e

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UPnP and P2P should be turned off.

Those are only used to simplify viewing the camera on the app via scanning a QR code, which isn't recommended.
UPnP & P2P are off. I seem to recall reading (elsewhere on this forum) a mention that RTMP may be useful? 1701997968541.png

kd4e

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just insure NOTHING is plugged into any of the LAN ports of the "REMOTE AP ROUTER" except the 8508T switch.
The "REMOTE AP ROUTER" should be set to "AP MODE" or if no such option available, then DHCP disabled and given a unique static IP in the same subnet as the "MAIN ROUTER" but outside the DHCP pool of the "MAIN ROUTER"; then the "REMOTE AP ROUTER" should be connected to the 8508T switch via one of its LAN ports.
I'm pretty sure that's all in order. I'll double-check tomorrow. Missed my last cup of coffee before 6pm and am feeling it ...